best electronic call besides foxpro

"We have thoroughly tested out to 200 yards with no issues"
- Al Prather, 9/22/15 7:38 am, "FoxPro Fusion" thread

So, if that's the case, and if the caller doesn't have to be elevated above the remote, then I'd say we can refer back to my original post in this thread, and continue down a different path.

We have thoroughly tested all the models that implement FHSS technology, and they have all worked well out to 200 yards. For hunting, we don't set up that far from the ecaller, but just tested it at various ranges. I am confident that our ecaller is slightly lower than where we sit at times, but not at extremely long distances and not at a much lower point. Starting with the Fury, I have posted results of all the models. I elevate them all on a tripod if I don't hang them up, and they have all worked well. If you determined to set up in a manner that FoxPro does not recommend, with the ecaller much lower than where you sit, I don't think you can be sure of performance. Any post I have made on this subject is to try to help.

I'll just continue on with it the way it is. It sounds like this is just the way the newer remotes behave.

Like I said, FP is still leaps and bounds ahead of the rest, and I'll be sticking with you guys.

I have a CS-24C and I've never had to have the caller higher than the remote. In fact I would venture to say I've never set the caller higher than the remote as I almost always call from a elevated position. I would suggest sending it to FoxPro. You could also try updating the remote & switching channels.

Last edited:
eric adams, what you describe does not cause problems. However, setting up where the ecaller is considerably lower than the remote can cause issues.

Originally Posted By: eric adamsI have a CS-24C and I've never had to have the caller higher than the remote. In fact I would venture to say I've never set the caller higher than the remote as I almost always call from a elevated position. I would suggest sending it to FoxPro. You could also try updating the remote & switching channels.

I may try switching channels, but I think Al has made it quite clear that this is just the way the new remotes are. It is unfortunate that the exact same stands I've been making for years (don't worry there's hundreds of them, I don't call the same place more than twice a year) now have to be altered just to get the remote to work. I like the better display on the TX-1000, but I wish it worked as well as the old remotes. Some stand I just carry my little scorpion call too. That remote works everywhere!

If the remote to your Scorpion works better than the TX-1000, which features FHSS technology, you have an issue. Nothing I have said indicates that is the way the new remotes work. It doesn't matter which model ecaller you use, you are better off setting up where the ecaller is elevated or close to even. The only time I ever had my FX5 fail was when I was high on a hill with the ecaller way down the hill, on the other side of a rise.

I tried my tx-1000 with a broken screen (I stepped on it) the other night at 200 yards and it worked fine. I would have the gentlemen at FoxPro loom at it

By the way I just graduated from an alpha dogg to a shockwave a while back and can tell you the promos calls don't hold a candle to a foxpro

This doesn't sound like expected behavior to me. The new remote should work at least well as the old ones, I'd expect.

cz527,

Let me chime in here. First, to address the "upward signal". All of our remotes, now and historically, are omni directional. Saying that, however, there are ways in which you can orient the remote to achieve the greatest signal. The most powerful signal from the remotes comes from the sides. That is why we have always said to make sure to hold the remote so that the antenna is pointing upwards. You could also say that one needs to aim the side of the antenna to the caller. The lowest power from the remote control is at the top. That is why you never "aim" the remote at your unit, as this is the worst possible case scenario.
I'll also add that the reason elevation works better for remote range is not because the signal is going upward, but simply because the ground itself absorbs a lot of the signal. Elevate the caller, and the ground absorption goes away.
There simply is no difference in the direction of the signals from our old remotes to our new remotes, so I'll say if you're experiencing less range with your new remote, I'd send it in and let us check it out.

Regards,

Mike Dillon

I have an Alpha dogg and it is a good call it sounds good as long as your batteries are not going dead it then sounds distorted. If you ever have any issues with the call don't plan on getting much help as the customer service for primos is almost worthless there reps have no idea on solving issues with the call and if you have an issue plan on making multiple calls until you might get lucky enough to talk to someone with enough knowledge to help.

Back