Did you have nickname in school?

canislatrans54

Not sure if this has ever been asked.

Just wondering if y'all had nicknames in school?
Not necessarily what your family called you (although if so...).
But, more along the lines of what other students called you.

I rec'd my nickname while in Kindergarten, given to me by a 3rd grader.

In Kindergarten, I carried an old-fashioned "book bag", to keep my note pad & stuff in.
The bag was given to me by my grandmother.
Well, unfortunately for me, on the outside was a picture of a frog.

Older kid seen it...mistook it for a toad...and combined that with my last name.
....Hence was born the nickname of "Hornytoad". (God I hated that!!!)
By the time I had hit my teens, it had gotten shortened to just "Toad".

As much as I tried, I had to put up with that name until my early twenties.

The only GOOD thing that came out of it (after several years of letting my temper flare), was that I finally grew a tough skin.
wink.gif

STITCH...I cut my thumb open pretty bad with a filleting knife while butchering a deer when I was in high school. I didn't want to go to the ER. I couldn't get it to stop bleeding, so I doused it with peroxide and I stitched it up by myself with a needle and thread from my mom's sewing kit. My kid sister started to faint at the sight of me doing it. It took me11-stitches to close it up. I did it in red thread and it looked just like the stitching on a baseball! Would never think of doing something like that today! I must have done an okay job because the scar is a clean line all these years later...lol.

Originally Posted By: RedfrogDo you mean a tough skin or a tough skin for a Toad??
tt2.gif

Kids just called me "Sir"
thumbup1.gif

Tough skin for a Toad, I guess.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I think I spent almost as much time in the Principle's office, during my elementary school years, as I did in actual classrooms.
I had a very "quick" temper back then, and hated to be teased.
So, I got into a lot of "fights".
Ironically, most of those fights looked less like boxing, and more like WWE matches.
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

The last "fight" that I actually got into, I was about 14.

Back