Large New Mexico kitty

One more question, How should the fur be groomed for auction? Is it better to be fluffed up or combed down?

I've been using the shop air to break up any matted fur (seems to be better than the metal brush and pull fur out), and to dust them off. A once over with the air nozzle leaves the pelts looking soft and fluffy, but the spots on the belly fur aren't as profound. So I use a soft dog brush to comb the fur down and bring out the spots. What is desirable to the buyer?

I like them nice and fluffy, if you really want them to shine rub borax into the fur and then put the fan on it, that borax will pull any little grease that's in that fur out, and give it a very fluffy appearance. If your gonna get into this on a larger scale I would suggest a fur tumbler, there a piece of cake to make and there a must have for coyotes.

My buyer says China is not buying, so coon and others took a big hit on price, just like our corn, they know they can f us over. I do the same coat hanger in arms, Borax on skin. I was mine 3-4 times to get blood out, if bloody. Comb them when dry, before selling, same for my coyotes.

pictures are deceiving.That cat is out front a ways. NAFA tumbles all hair out furs for free when you ship to them .You dont have to do all that extra work as proper tumbling makes them shine.They do this because the more you make the more they make.

Back