***Requesting Customer/Member Input***

Originally Posted By: Coyotejunki

I'd also like to see the Varmint stock again but without the thumbhole, like you used to make.

x2

Originally Posted By: Boyds' GunstocksWe are trying to feel the market out for new inlettings

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

I think you should concentrate more on "better inletting" of the products you already offer..........

#1 Savage Axis- I am on your mailing list and I will buy one as soon as I get that e-mail! The rifle shoots excellent with the flex in the stock, I'd love to see how it does with a rigid stock. I was considering selling it until I saw this thread. You will sell a tonne of these!
thumbup1.gif

I know you didn't ask but how about adding a more subtle checkering pattern.
Your lazer checkering is first rate for sure,,, head and shoulders above any of the pressed checkering out there,,, but not everyone likes the artsy fartsy stuff.
Checkering can actually be used as a simple grip enhancement;)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2muchgunPics Charlie.

That is probably the nicest looking Boyd's stock I've seen........

Ask and you shall receive.
smile.gif

004nzc.jpg

I like it allot but again, "I would have liked a little more subtle pattern". Course I realize those computer programs for the lazer checkering machines probably cost like crazy and you'll never please everyone, but come on Boyds, would it break ya to offer more than two patterns?
smile.gif

Back to your inletting comments, while I agree that their rating of their semi-inletted stocks (90%iirc) is pretty optimistic, this drop in did fit pretty good. Course I hogged it out and pillar bedded it anyway so I can't speak to performance.
I did have to relieve the bolt handle a tich which is kinda disappointing on a finished stock but since it was a newer SPS before I morphed it into a 222ADL,, with Remmys QC of late,, I can't be sure they all leave the factory with the bolt handle in the same location. LOL

I have 4 Boyd's stocks and like them all. Actually love my 2 thumbhole stocks! The inletting on all of my finished stocks was very good. My only small gripe is lack of checkering/stippling patterns, and not being able to delete swivel studs.
But for the money, Ya can't [beeep] too much!! Can't wait till my smith can rebarrel my gun, got a brandy new Boyd's classic sitting upstairs waiting for the barreled action to be finished.

#1 Savage Axis!
This rifle is already a tack driver with the original stock, but would love to add a little "bling" to it .......thanks for asking, and put me on the list!

Back