LS 64 weapon mounted

Hard_ware

LS64 + DVR + OSD Board + riser mount

ls64dvrosd_zps587b86a2.jpg

Still need to mount DVR and OSD board inside a case and attach to riser, just want to see if it will work.

Here is video of reticle ls64 being hand held, upload to photo bucket looks bad, much better on computer. Notice how reticle stays centered even when zoom is being used.

LS64 with OSD reticle

Last edited:

You might want to give the FLIR techs a call before you subject the unit to recoil.

I would be surprised if a unit designed for handheld use would hold up.

I shoot an ar15 with a heavy form 1 suppressor I built, shoots like a pellet gun, very quiet and no visible flash when shooting, only super sonic sound wave. I have had hogs run towards me while I was blasting away at them
laugh.gif
The flir units are made pretty tough. Just got board and dvr in a case, tomorrow I will work on mounting it to the riser.

That electronic zoom works great and it looks like you are not getting a shift in POI at high magnification?

Yep the reticle and ls64 are co-witnessed to not have any shift when zooming , I just added the LCD viewfinder it adds 2.8x zoom to the screen and makes it look super sharp. It snaps in place with a oval pin and magnet. Will get some footage thru viewfinder using camcorder. Working on a mount using freecad to get a prototype machined.

Osd board 130.00 Flir ls64 4992.00 1 inch riser mount 30.00
DVR 85.00 LCD viewfinder was added got a good one 90.00

Total about $5350.00 Working on a bigger battery for dvr and a case to hold it. A ready to go unit just add flir could be built for under $500 If not doing running shots a ps24 or ps32 will work as well.

I am still messing with the franken thermal, but it's nice.

You can get rid of some hogs pretty fast.

Last edited:
Outstanding work there Hardware, that is essentially similar results to my new FLIR T-70 Clip On at 1/2 the cost!!!

Originally Posted By: SkyPupOutstanding work there Hardware, that is essentially similar results to my new FLIR T-70 Clip On at 1/2 the cost!!!

It's nice to know that it looks as good (screen shot). I want to swap in the ps24 just to try it. A unit that can be hand held then put on the rifle for under $2300.00 with record capabilities would be great. The thermal units are a big game changer for spotting, being able to shoot as well helps speed up targeting vs NV, and that would open the door to those that have less $$$ to spend. It would cost less than a pvs14. The ps24 are going for around 1700.00 from flir.

Hard Ware,
I have a PS24 and am very interested in this!!
I'm glad to see you tinkering with the lower end thermal stuff. Things like this is what make this country so great! A man an a idea can go a long ways. Looking forward to the PS24 project.

Same setup just unscrewing the ls64 and screwing in the ps 24 and re zeroing the unit. Hope to get out tomorrow to get some video of the ps24. The ps24 would be much simpler because of not having to center the flir unit, only the reticle would have to be adjusted, because of no electronic zoom to co witness. Just shoot then adjust the reticle to overlap the point of impact.

Last edited:
Back