Speaker Noise out of Primos Alpha Dogg

Originally Posted By: LFPAny updates from the guys that sent their's back?

LFP,

Sorry I forgot to update my post. I received the new Alpha Dogg back and the one they sent me is definately an improvement over the first one I had. I have to say that there is still a bit of "white noise" in the speaker, but it is really faint. It is alot less than it was with the first Alpha Dogg and even then it really wasn't that bad. I don't even really notice it now unless I have my ear right up to the speaker and it is on low volume. It shouldn't make a lick of difference in a real world calling scenario. All in all, I am satisfied with the new Alpha Dogg they sent me. Definately an improvement over the first one I had.

I just got my alpha dogg last week and I have the same noise .Its so bad that when I play the rodent squeak noises at low volume I cant even hear them over the noise the cller makes unless I turn it up really loud. I will be calling primos on monday and hopefully will be sendng it back to them for a replacement.

So I sent my original caller back to midway and they were great, sent me a replacement no problem. Received the new call yesterday and it has the same sound, but not as bad as the original one. Still is as loud as mole squeaks on level 50 or 60 though. I called primos customer service and the guy I talked to said that the sound is coming from the amps, something about it being how the system saves power when a sound is being played. Not thrilled with the explanation but it is what it is.

Two things that are interesting that I have noticed is
1. If you push a button on the remote, and the remote signal symbol goes off the screen. Also, if the remote is turned off completely, the sound will continue to play, but the pulsating/bristly sound completely goes away. So it seems like it would be more of an issue of the remote causing the problem, but customer service disagreed.
2. The software version on the remote is v1.5, but the latest available update on the primos website is v1.3. The CS rep said that I wouldn't want to go back to v1.3. I am wondering if it might fix the problem though.

Of those of you who have this speaker noise, what version software is your caller running? If everyone that has the noise has v1.5, then it will be worth trying to "update" to v1.3.

Just a little frustrated right now, trying to decide what to do at this point.

Ok guys, just got my Alpha Dog E-caller today from Midway USA. Out of the box new batteries . And no surprise
Speaker noise!!! Primos has known about this problem for a few years now. Customer Service at Midway was Great!!
Problem is the next one might have the same problem? So I called Primos Customer Service and was told 99% of the time
it's battery related. I can tell all of you it's not a battery problem with my unit. I even purchased 8 new lithium batteries.
And still a noise in speakers!🙀🙀. Folks at Midway are going bench test the next unit before shipping to me.
Midway USA was aware of the issues with Alpha Dog speakers. Primos didn't want to admit a known problem with there
Alpha Dog units. New caller will be in my hands this Friday. Aside from the speaker noise this unit could be my new go to E-caller. Currently use a FoxPro XR6.

Dirty Dog Down Online

Loc: Michigan Ingham
Ok guys, just got my Alpha Dog E-caller today from Midway USA. Out of the box new batteries . And no surprise
Speaker noise!!! Primos has known about this problem for a few years now. Customer Service at Midway was Great!!
Problem is the next one might have the same problem? So I called Primos Customer Service and was told 99% of the time
it's battery related. I can tell all of you it's not a battery problem with my unit. I even purchased 8 new lithium batteries.
And still a noise in speakers!🙀🙀. Folks at Midway are going bench test the next unit before shipping to me.
Midway USA was aware of the issues with Alpha Dog speakers. Primos didn't want to admit a known problem with there
Alpha Dog units. New caller will be in my hands this Friday. Aside from the speaker noise this unit could be my new go to E-caller. Currently use a FoxPro XR6.

Dirty Dog Down Online

Loc: Michigan Ingham

Sorry guys, new to the group. I did receive another Alpha Dogg from Midway. They were good enough to overnight the unit to me. Out of the box new lithium batteries and same problem. I contact Primos and after talking to CS rep, she told me that all of alpha Dogg callers will have " machine running noise" but shouldnt be a problem. My caller has a noise during most coyote calls. Also distortions during operation of the unit. Now I now why these units went on Sale! I should have a new Wildlife Technology Mighty Atom today or Friday. Sorry about the multiple posts. My bad!

Originally Posted By: Dirty Dog DownSorry guys, new to the group. I did receive another Alpha Dogg from Midway. They were good enough to overnight the unit to me. Out of the box new lithium batteries and same problem. I contact Primos and after talking to CS rep, she told me that all of alpha Dogg callers will have " machine running noise" but shouldnt be a problem. My caller has a noise during most coyote calls. Also distortions during operation of the unit. Now I now why these units went on Sale! I should have a new Wildlife Technology Mighty Atom today or Friday. Sorry about the multiple posts. My bad!

I'm just curious why you would go with a Primos and then another brand of caller which is notorious for bad customer service, when your XR6 has obviously treated you well. I truly wish you luck, but ya will probably be back here in 6 months buying another Foxpro.

Back