Speaker Noise out of Primos Alpha Dogg

Originally Posted By: dan brothersI have one coming on thursday from midway, which is on sale for 225.00.... we'll see how it does.

you should have gotten the name of that rep... I wouldn't stand for a minute with bad attitudes from customer service reps.

Dan,

In hindsight, I really wish I would have gotten her name. I know when I called and I am sure they keep records of some sort regarding the topic of the call. Might be able to find out who the rep was that way. I may still call back and voice my complaint about her. It may not have any affect, but it might make me feel a little better. I still get ticked everytime I think about that conversation.

I got my Alpha Dogg from Midway also for that price. That is a heck of a good price.

Last edited:
I have one and it sounds exactly like you describe. Can't hear it when I get a few feet away and it doesn't get any louder when I turn the volume. I was thinking about sending it back and getting another one to see if it made the same sound(just got it for Christmas from Midway), haven't decided yet.

Originally Posted By: Ckeller14I have one and it sounds exactly like you describe. Can't hear it when I get a few feet away and it doesn't get any louder when I turn the volume. I was thinking about sending it back and getting another one to see if it made the same sound(just got it for Christmas from Midway), haven't decided yet.

Ckeller14,

Thanks for your response. I am kind of glad to hear I am not the only one that has noticed that. Are you going to send it back in to Primos or to Midway? I was thinking of sending mine back, as well. Like you said, just to see if it does it on another one or if it was a defect in the one I got. Let me know if you send yours back and how it turns out for you.

I have the alpha dogg also. no noises yet. im located in sw ia, have only used it 3 times, with no success. ive tried the expert calls, and just some of my own. any thoughts on what to use in sw iowa. ive never heard of starting out with a howl, all of expert do [beeep]. any help would be appriciated.

I just got the Alpha Dogg for Christmas, and it makes that noise also. It does it with every track even the ones i added, so i know its the unit. kinda sounds like a stiff bristle brush being played with on speakers. it is irritating. i can hear it up to volume 15, then i cant. i know its still there though. i would assume it would be when calling with the volume cranked up. any of you guys send it back? any updates from Primos?

I just got mine today... not sure what noise your talking about... I don't hear anything odd.

Did it start after you downloaded sounds...?

Has anyone tried the High Distress Rodent sound... it sounds awesome.

The volumne sure is crazy loud if you need it.

Originally Posted By: dan brothersI just got mine today... not sure what noise your talking about... I don't hear anything odd.

Did it start after you downloaded sounds...?

Has anyone tried the High Distress Rodent sound... it sounds awesome.

The volumne sure is crazy loud if you need it.

Dan,

The noise I hear is a background noise you hear along with the sound, but I only notice it on low volume. At this point, it doesn't seem to affect sound quality. It probably isn't no big deal, but it just kind of annoys me that it is there. I am probably just spoiled with the sound quality of my MA-21. Absolutely no background speaker noise with that system. I did notice the speaker noise for the first time after downloading sounds, but I honestly can't say for sure that it wasn't there before. When I first got my Alpha Dogg I played with it a bit in the house and then put it away for awhile until I was ready to download some of the sounds I have. It was only while doing that and sitting near to the speaker when I noticed this noise. Someone mentioned that it could be just noise from the amp and most likely is. Mine sounds like white noise only instead of being constant it sort of beats on and off. It just seems strange. I haven't followed up again with Primos. I have the day off tomorrow and will maybe give them a call then. I have used the alpha dogg in the field a couple of times and have had vocal reponses from coyotes with the seranade sound and the young coyote answer howl, so it must not be affecting things too much. I haven't called a coyote in with it yet though, but things have been slow for me lately though anyways so I can't blame that on the alpha dogg.

Originally Posted By: MIYoteHunterI just got the Alpha Dogg for Christmas, and it makes that noise also. It does it with every track even the ones i added, so i know its the unit. kinda sounds like a stiff bristle brush being played with on speakers. it is irritating. i can hear it up to volume 15, then i cant. i know its still there though. i would assume it would be when calling with the volume cranked up. any of you guys send it back? any updates from Primos?

That sounds exactly like what I am exeriencing. Your description of a bristle brush sounds spot on. I agree that it is irritating. I also can't hear mine as I start to turn the volume up. It gets drowned out. You reminded me of another thing the lady I did talk to said about that noise and the fact that I could only hear it on low volume when I was close to the caller. She said that the caller wasn't meant to be listened to up close, so basically I was to just live with it. It was kind of like she was saying that as long as you don't listen to the caller to close it will sound great. I am really upset at myself for not getting that ladies name. I have not called Primos again, but maybe tomorrow I will give them another call.

I also don't think mine was necessarily caused by my downloading other sounds into it, as the noise occurs on every sound. I just happened to notice it while I was doing the sound downloads.

Last edited:
Do all the PAD make that noise? A friend bought one and other day he had it turned up on serenade and it started to make noises on 100. I thought maybe the batteries was going bad. But some of the other sounds didn't do it. But,I am going to pick one up for a bday present untill FP gets the bugs worked out of the SW. Then I will pick one of those up and retire the WT for a while.

Originally Posted By: predyotevarmintDo all the PAD make that noise?

Yes, all the sounds on the caller make the noise.

Last edited:
UPDATE!!!!

I called Primos back today and talked to a very nice and HELPFULL gentleman. He told me what I already anticipated which was that the sound I was hearing was not normal. They are going to replace the unit with a brand new one. My faith in Primos customer service is restored. Hopefully, they get a handle on that gal I spoke to the first time. Just thought I would let everyone know the outcome. Persistence in this case definately paid off.

Originally Posted By: MIYoteHunterlooks like i need to call them. what was the name of the gentleman you talked to?

The guys name was Bubba McPhearson. I could tell he was a hunter and understood my concern. Was a good guy to talk to.

Thanks! i called them yesterday. talked to Rand. he said to send it back and they would send a new one. they send you a pre paid shipper to send back? i just went to UPS to ship and its going to run me $15. so i didnt ship going to ask if they will send me one. I dont think i should i have to pay seeings how it was defective out of the box.

Originally Posted By: MIYoteHunterThanks! i called them yesterday. talked to Rand. he said to send it back and they would send a new one. they send you a pre paid shipper to send back? i just went to UPS to ship and its going to run me $15. so i didnt ship going to ask if they will send me one. I dont think i should i have to pay seeings how it was defective out of the box.

No they didn't send me a pre-paid label. I thought of that too after the fact, but I was just so happy they were going to replace the unit that I didn't think to ask.

Well just received mine yesterday and was playing around with it. I have the same noises. It is hard to detect on sounds that play constant but sounds like bobcats that have space inbetween you can really pick it out and when you turn the volume up it gets a bit louder. Sounds almost like someone typing really fast or a quick tapping sound.

Looks like I will be sending mine back as well but I think I will hunt over it a few times first. Kind of a bummer!!

Just got my AD from Natchez today and it has a scratchy, pulsating sound at the lower volumes also. Let us know if the replacement units are better. I'm thinking about keeping mine because it doesn't hurt the sound quality at usable volume levels. If the replacements are better I might change my mind.

I will definately let you guys know how the new one sounds. It arrived at Primos on Monday, so I am hoping by early next week I will have a new one back.

I upgraded to an AD from Midway mid December and haven't noticed any noise, works great have called in a double, killed one and educated one and have had two more close encounters but didn't get the shot, all that action on 8 stands.

Back