Looking for Remington VSSF II in 220 Swift

mikegranger

I've searched high and low and nothing seems to be available. Anyone have one laying in a corner that needs some love?
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: mikegrangerI've searched high and low and nothing seems to be available. Anyone have one laying in a corner that needs some love?
cool.gif

Watch GunBroker (religiously) - I have seen two in the last 4 months.

700 VSSF-II's are the pick of Remington's litter, and you don't see many show up.

gkreams@alliancecom.net

Give this guy a shout. As of 12-06-2012 he had a VSSF 220 Swift for sale and I believe he is located in SD.

I also ran across a left handed barreled action in 220 Swift. The add said it had a new unfired barrel but no stock. Kinda weird I know but if you want the link to the add I'll be glad to give it to you.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Good luck. Those are getting very rare. Hope Remington brings them back in the 220 at some point.

I ran across a used one in local pawn shop recently and they wanted darn near the price of the gun when it was new. It was a little rough too! Wouldn't budge much on price either.

Check in on the LRH site on a regular basis as well. I have seen several VSSF 700's there lately, one being a Swift if memory serves me right

Jake

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: Hunter GathererI have one in 22 250 that I need to sell.

Ha... the 22-250 is for GIRLS
tt2.gif

smile.gif

The girls in my family would agree. But then you haven't seen em shoot.
You have no idea the hunting opportunities my older sister can provide...most only dream of.
smile.gif

Remington discontinued short action VSSF/II in all cals. still make long action VSSF (sendero). They they list VSF in 220. Only difference is the stock and Highlighted flutes. I suspect these vsf's are just a clean up run of the barrels with cheap sps stocks. I also suspect Rem. will discontinue these as well. Remington is getting away from stainless fluted small cals as fast as they can. You had better buy soon

jeff

You could try to pick your self up a different heavy barrel Remmy in the swift then look for the palm swell stock. Some people don't like them and get rid of them or trade the for a regular HS. Just an idea if you can't find the vssf2.... Jason

Just for eye candy here is (I think) the first critter I shot with mine. She is a sweet ride and has treated me good over the years..
IMG_0129.jpg

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: Hunter GathererI have one in 22 250 that I need to sell.

tt2.gif

smile.gif

Wait a minute, dont you have a VSF in 22-250?
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: Ridgeline17Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: Hunter GathererI have one in 22 250 that I need to sell.

tt2.gif

smile.gif

Wait a minute, dont you have a VSF in 22-250?
rolleyes.gif

Uh, errr. ahh well, it ain't my fault. I couldn't turn it down.
rolleyes.gif

It's my short range, field mousie riffle.

tt2.gif

Mine is He!! Fire on field moussie's.
w00t.gif
Could Re-chamber it to a Swifter though. There is more than one way to kill them miserable meeses.

Originally Posted By: SoTexRemington discontinued short action VSSF/II in all cals. still make long action VSSF (sendero). They they list VSF in 220. Only difference is the stock and Highlighted flutes. I suspect these vsf's are just a clean up run of the barrels with cheap sps stocks. I also suspect Rem. will discontinue these as well. Remington is getting away from stainless fluted small cals as fast as they can. You had better buy soon

jeff

The VSF reminds me of the original VSSF, matte finish. Somebody could buy a HS Sendero stock and have a VSSF 1st Gen clone.
wink.gif

Last edited:
I have one I might part with.

VS SF P in a 220 Swift.

I just noticed you are looking for a VS SF II.Mine is the earlier version.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 220_SwiftI have one I might part with.

VS SF P in a 220 Swift.

Noooo Terry that's the one I want, you beat me too it last time it was for sale, lol.

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILS

Noooo Terry that's the one I want, you beat me too it last time it was for sale, lol.

You know where to find me. I have not exactly worn it out or anything but I did add a Jewell trigger.

Originally Posted By: 220_SwiftOriginally Posted By: BOBTAILS

You know where to find me. I have not exactly worn it out or anything but I did add a Jewell trigger.

I thought that rifle was gonna be given away at the end of year here on the site!!
lol.gif

Back