Home defense

sumo.jpg

popcorn.gif

im 15 around 5 feet 11 inches tall and broad,dont get me wrong i have absolutely no problem scrappin with someone but when a tweeker or any one else for that matter comes in my house honestly who do you think is goin to win that fight? i keep a 12 gauge with 00 buck shot next to my bed and i will not hesitate to pull the trigger on someone or something...and yes my parents know i have the gun next to my bed...they have one too

Last edited:
My plan is this, intruder sneaks up to my house in the middle of the afternoon. Kicks my door in as he charges in to find no one home because I am out COYOTE HUNTING. If I want to imagine being attacked by a bunch of ninjas I would be on a different site:) maybe
WWW. I need to come back to reality before I get my self killed by someone with a gun.com
The number one weapon in any situation is the gray matter between your ears.

My best line of defence is when I hear an intruder I dress up like the gimp from pulp fiction and start saying the spider has caught another fly. They leave as fast as they came in.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleI'm all in favor of the concept that, if immediately threatened and there is no other recourse, then use anything you can to win....

But over the years, I've settled enough bar fights and family disturbances to know that the last weapon you need to use is your fist...even an elbow is much better...I've seen the effects that an infection from a fist being cut by an opponent's tooth can bring on...

We used to carry a five cell flashlight, even in the daytime, because they were less threatening than a nightstick, but just as effective in close quarters...even a ball point pen can be lethal...if you know how to use it effectively..

The 7 yard (21 foot) rule is very valid, even when applied against an armed officer that is expecting the attack...if the opponent is a trained knife fighter, the officer had better be over 10 yards...

Your only advantage in a Home Invasion situation, is that you know where everything is located and your 'invader' doesn't and will depend on immediate intimidation to exercise control over you...how you respond will be what keeps you and your family safe and unharmed, so hopefully, you and your family have a plan, in that event....

Hopefully, it will never be a reality..

Sums it up good OT.
Luckily I have not had to `Summons the DEMON` in a long, long time.

I have no fear of fighting either it is unfortunately part of my job but I will use my weapons any day over my feet and hands. you can bring your hands and feet any day to a fight and you will loose if the other guy has a gun of some type that you may not even no he has. If you bring a fight to me and you only have hands and feet you will be shot and not even know I had a gun. I will add that I hope I never have to pull the trigger but I am ready and very well trained if it ever happens.

I read through all this And I wonder if many have not missed the point of what Kirby is saying.
He has posted several times that he plans to go down fighting.Again,as he stated repeatedly,his plan is to go down fighting.
That is much much different than those who do not plan to go down.

I wish you had been around to tell my best boyhood and adult friend this.He has been moldering in his grave for 30 years for no reason.If he had only known that a single shot from a 22 could not drop you dead in your tracks,think what a life he could have had.
When I worked with the rescue squad there was a young man shot in the chest just left of the sternum in a room about 12 feet long.There was a gob of fat clogged the hole and the whole shot collum lodged next to his backbone.His name is Baily.He is alive and doing well,and has been after a stay in the hospital.This happened over 25 years ago.All this time and he has no idea he is shot dead with a 12 gauge.Hope he don't see your post and realize he can't be alive and falls over.

Last edited:
There will ALWAYS be someone that is bigger, better, faster, and more trained then you are!

While I'm glad you think you can take the bad guys on with your fist and feet I hope it is your very very last resort. And it's pretty closed minded if you think any people on this forum would just give up.

I remember watching a video on youtube where a cop shot a big guy 3 times with his .40 cal and still got his face punched in. The big guy was a heavy weight champ strung out on dope. So no guns won't always save your life! But I can run and shoot I can't run and punch.

Originally Posted By: kirbyWell now, say a scumbag[or two] gets the drop on you in your warm & fuzzy well armed home. You are not armed. What ya gonna do, beg for mercy & whimper because you are now an un-armed VICTIM? Or do you attack?

I'd like to hear your guy's comments of my above scenario.

bigwheeler, I've hit them as hard as I can. Never hurt my fist.

I'll say the magic words to a few of my close friends that live
in the house. I don't worry to much about home invasions. My
friends don't let anyone get that close without warning us.

I haven't read the rest of these posts, but I'll share my 2 cents...

I'm 28yrs old, 5'10" and 185lbs with 7% body fat, I wrestled for 15yrs through college, boxed for 6yrs, kickboxed for 8yrs now, and have been training brazilian Jiu Jitsu and fighting amatuer MMA for 3yrs now. I've also been riding bulls since I was 9, professionally for 10yrs now. WITHOUT TRYING TO BRAG, if there's someone out there notably tougher than me, then I'd like to meet him.

Not quite 2 years ago, I had a home invasion, thank God my wife (then fiancee) was not home. I had fallen asleep on the couch, with my Glock on my nightstand in the bed room, and the guys were inside before I knew what hit me, literally. I got the $hit beat out of me by 3 guys, and was left for dead in my own house. All they took was my TV, some guns, and my work laptop.

How well trained I am and how tough I am didn't mean jack. I broke both of my hands fighting back, which is how they ended up catching one of the guys when he went to the hospital for a broken cheekbone, but even still, "you should have seen the other guy" wasn't applicable for me. Some broken ribs, broken nose, broken bones in both hands, 4 mos eating through a straw for a broken jaw, extreme loss of vision in my left eye, and a few new fake teeth (bull riders and boxers earn fake teeth, so I had a few already).

Moral of the story, there's always someone tougher, and 2 is more than one. One on one, you might be the baddest cat on the planet, if so, I'll give Jon Jones, GSP, or JDS a call (pick your weight), but frankly, I'll keep my Glock handy, thanks.

Back