Tracked one up today !

Tim Neitzke

Well after finally getting all of our deer seasons over and getting the proper weather,finally got some yote hunting in today. I hit the road this AM about 1 1/2 hours before daylight hoping to score some fresh yote tracks. We had just gotten some fresh snow over night and the gang was ready to hunt. After putting about 50 miles on the snowy roads I only had about 4 sets of red fox tracks to show for my efforts. My bud Brad called me on the radio and said he had zero yote tracks aswell. We talked about what do next and just them my cell rang. My other hunting pard Odie(Brad) said he had a good yote track in one of our top producing areas ! We hauled butt over to meet him and make a plan.
This small woodlot or should I say brair patch from [beeep] , has beed real good to us over the years. Brad and Odie set up just inside the woods with their shotguns and I took up the track. I only made it in about 10 yards and realized the snow covered brairs had grow out of control since last year. I no longer could walk though them or over them,had no choice but to crawl under them. Not to fun , this stuff might aswell be razor wire.After about 30 minutes of fighting and bleeding my way in,I found the bed of a yote with fresh tracks leaving ! Game on, I thought and picked up my pace a little. About 20 minutes had gone by and the yote had circled around me twice before finally feeling he pressure of me hot on it's track. I had snow down my neck and frozen to my glasses,along with a bloody thorn riddled hand . I was thinking ,I hope they see this thing soon. BANG ! A single shot followed by a call out "coyote down" ! SWEET! I made my way out to the field edge and around to find Odie smileing big as he pulled the yote from the brush. I was real happy that the plan had come full circle .
thumbup1.gif

Here is the happy shooter, sorry no field pic. Took this just prior to skinning. Some guys say I'm crazy. I think they could be right.lol Thanks for reading .
cool.gif

IMG_0700.jpg

Congrats!!! Maybe things will start to livin up a bit. Been real slow this year from the looks of things on here. Always slow for me. Still learning the ropes but one day it will click.

I like to check them out to 45 yards. I'm now running a SBE2 with a Kicks choke. My 11-87 SM let me down to many times. The 2 Brads are running and 870SM and 11-87 with no issues.

** Thanks guys **

Tim-is that ugly galute that needs a shave You???
thumbup1.gif

Nice Dog! And nice job working him out....my Dad use to have me and my brother do the same brush work for him

Brendan,
My hunting area is mostly farm land with small woodlots and fence rows. Plenty of room for long shots. Once in awhile we get into the bigger timber which is harder to get a shot at all.lol

Thanks

Originally Posted By: littletoesTim-is that ugly galute that needs a shave You???

lol.gif
Nope that's Odie. I call him the coyote commander.
lol.gif

This is me with a yote from last year....
IMG_0514.jpg

Got it. Sounds a little like the area in SE Minnesota where I used to live. It's mostly sage and grass out here but I still manage to knock a shotgun dog down every so often. Lots of fun. Keep up the good work!

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: littletoesTim-is that ugly galute that needs a shave You???

lol.gif
Nope that's Odie. I call him the coyote commander.
lol.gif

This is me with a yote from last year....
IMG_0514.jpg

Good Deal! Glad I'm out of shotgun Range!
thumbup.gif

The Pusher Man- good job Tim, it's a lot of fun being the "hound". Once you get them out of their bed it speeds things up to yell as you track. Also lets the shooters have an idea of what's going on.

Back