The Nutsaver!!!

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesNutsaver = 40/50 dollars

Wire cutters = 7/8 dollars. (even cheaper at Harbor Freight)

This is a no brainer my friends.

O MY....
w00t.gif

Most of the landowners I've hunted on over the years, would revoke any & all hunting priveledges [sp] if they caught me stretching a fence & climbing over it like the video shows!!
Most don't even like anyone to climb THRU between wires, as any time you depress a wire, it stretches it.
That's why I've always either found a place to crawl under, or if handy, went thru a gate.
Besides, most of the fences in my area nowadays are either 5 or 6 wires & dang tight.

Originally Posted By: jglynnif i catch someone pulling my top wires down on my fences, they will need a nutsaver foe sure!!!!!!!!!!

lmao, don't blame you

I hunted with both jcfd2201 and Randy back in October. I had never heard of the Nutsaver, but, well, it is just that. It worked great and was something I had never heard of or though of using. We crossed many fences with it.

I suppose there are lots of other things out there that could be used. Whatever works, works.

Also, I think having one of these, of whatever material you choose, is a good idea - just as long as it's thick, which the Nutsaver is. It also depends on where you hunt and if fences are an issue. If there are fences to cross often, then this thing or something similar is one heck of a good idea.

Just an added note for the heck of it, Brian ( jcfd2201) and Randy are really nice guys, very accomodating and downright enjoyable to be around. Thanks guys for showing me a great time in Arizona.

Originally Posted By: Bob .17i use too have a tall moose step over my barbed wire fences until i got tired of watching him step over them. i got my wire cutters out cut all the wire down. helped alot of critters just too walk thru. moose use to eat the red willows down on my place. had a few there. they were fun to bump into. don't see them any more. just see wolf tracks now.

Where in the world do you come up with this?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have ever seen any of the TK & Mike hunting videos...comedy. They are hilarious and they spoofed a product like this years ago called the "Nad Saver Supreme." If you can find any of their old videos, they are hilarious and well worth watching. I really like to crawl under if at all possible too. I don't like to stretch a good tight fence. And being short, it makes climbing over worse.

I am not wanting to start any arguments but c'mon guys why would you pay 40 or 50 bucks for something like that. If that is such a problem where you hunt, just bring along a piece of something...anything from home. Piece of old blanket.
I am sick and tired of some of the things they come up with to make money. I just saw the other day on TV ad. they have a battery run wind direction finder. Some lights light up from the direction the wind is blowing...God forbid your batteries run dead.... OMG, can't you just put some flour or corn starch in a little squeeze bottle and test the wind. Are we that gullable. I just don't get it. It seems nobody can think for themselves anymore...Sorry, end of rant.

Why spend 400 dollars on an e call when you could just catch a rabbit and torture it to make your sounds..... Because its more convenient. I know there are other things that work but the nutsaver really is a nice and convenient thing to have. It's heavy canvas that doesn't snag on the fence itself like a blanket would. It rolls up small and has string sewed on to tie it so you can fit it into a pack and keeps you from snagging on a barbed wire fence. If you don't wanna spend the money on it that's fine but I like having one with me whenever I go hunting where we have to cross fences.

i guess i cross over the top of a fence cuz i can step over them easy. with a 38" inseam if it wasn't for baggy camo. i'd clear it no problem in levi's.
yes a tool like this would save me the 40 bucks every season camo pants.

Sorry guys if I ruffled a few feathers. Like I said before ...don't want to start an argument. Also I am not knocking the guy that invented the Nutsaver. I believe in free enterprize. If there is a market for it out there great and good luck.
As far as the thing being canvas, I would think you could go to a fabric shop and get a piece big enough for about $10.00 bucks. I worked hard for my money and just don't think something that simple is worth the 40 or 50 bucks. Just my 3 cents. I will shut up now. Good luck to all who buy one.
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jglynnif i catch someone pulling my top wires down on my fences, they will need a nutsaver foe sure!!!!!!!!!!

Its what I was thinking....most ranchers get kinda wild if they see folks bending down their top wire...

Not all you folks are from the City...are you???

Five wire barb wire fence is now costing me about $6000 dollars a mile to build, now. I catch anyone cutting, or climbing over in such a way to be stretching the wire, there WILL be an altercation in a remote location!
Mark

Back