The Nutsaver!!!

jcfd2201

I had a friend introduce me to this awesome piece of gear called the Nutsaver. This is a must for anyone that goes over barbed wire fences. The Nutsaver lays over the fence and allows you to push down on it and swing your legs over without ripping your high dollar camo or drawing blood. He offers two different sizes and the smaller one is about $40 shipped and I think the bigger one is $50. The guy that makes them is Randy Beecroft from Show Low, AZ. The best way to reach him is by email at xring20@gmail.com. Here is a quick little video demonstration of it in use.

40 & 50 bucks? Wow. Would somebody really pay that much for something like that. Yeah, I suppose they would.
smile.gif

A piece of FREE scrap carpet works great.

but boy i could use one.
i only have one set of camo pants that hasn't been snaged on a fence
i think the carpet would work for me too
or just get the ranchers to lower the fence 1" lol

I suppose carpet would work. I bought it because it rolls up nice and compact, unlike carpet, and works great as a shooting mat. It has strings like a sleeping bag and rolls up like one which allows it to fit on the bottom of my pack. You can use what you want be it carpet or a nutsaver. I forgot my seat one time and used it to sit on and it kept my rear dry so there is yet another use.

So yeah I guess people will pay 40 or 50 bucks for it. I know I have spent more money on something that I use a whole lot less and is not near the benefit that this has been.

I just figured I would share it in case anyone was interested.

That top wire looks pretty loose.. Heck you can entwine the top wire with the next one down, and step over easily. Its never been a problem here.. especially $40 worth.

Most of the fences we go over here are fairly new and tight 4 wires. The 4 wire fences here are tough to get over without something laying over it. I use it all the time and think it's a great piece of gear.

Bad thing about depressing a wire. Is you can telegraph a squeak a long way down the line. A hunter may not hear it, but a nearby coyote can.

Personally, I won't cross a fence unless I absolutely have to. Otherwise, I look for a spread in the wire, low top wire. Or a sunken area under the bottom strand of a barbed fence & slip on through

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357That top wire looks pretty loose.. Heck you can entwine the top wire with the next one down, and step over easily. Its never been a problem here.. especially $40 worth.

looks like he already did that.lets see if his legs are long enough to use the nutsaver on a 5 wire fence without twisting it down

Originally Posted By: kirbyBad thing about depressing a wire. Is you can telegraph a squeak a long way down the line. A hunter may not hear it, but a nearby coyote can.

Personally, I won't cross a fence unless I absolutely have to. Otherwise, I look for a spread in the wire, low top wire. Or a sunken area under the bottom strand of a barbed fence & slip on through

I have used mine to go under fences in the snow and the mud to keep from getting wet or muddy.

Randys nutsaver is a pretty nice thing to have with you while out calling. Most of the time we use a t-post stepper to get over the fence and the nutsaver to keep clothes from snagging the fence. Unless the fence is low enough then we will just use the nutsaver

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: doggin coyotes40 & 50 bucks? Wow. Would somebody really pay that much for something like that. Yeah, I suppose they would.
smile.gif

Wow how much for a free scrap of carpet doggin?
tt2.gif
lol

The video shows the wire hangin down so low there is no resistance. Im not advocating pulling down wire, but thats what the Video shows. As Kirby says you can usually find a low spot under the bottom wire. Kinda like needing to use the can at a truck stop, and being fresh out of dimes.

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSOriginally Posted By: doggin coyotes40 & 50 bucks? Wow. Would somebody really pay that much for something like that. Yeah, I suppose they would.
smile.gif

tt2.gif
lol

Heck, I'll GIVE you the piece of carpet I used before I started packing good sharp wire cutters.
tongue_smilie.gif

Nuttin hardly worse than getting speared in the taint area by a rusty barb
laugh.gif
blink.gif

edit; sen'ior doggin your last sig line (raised by wolves). That is what one of my Bro's use to tell people. What are the odds? Hey maybe were related?

Last edited:
I love mine and don't go out without it. I wear a leaf suit and was constantly hanging up on wire until I got the ol nutsaver. Great for fences, propping up heads for kill pics and it makes a nice pillow for me on the ride home.

Just take a roll of tape..... Black or duck, Most of the time you cross in the same place ever time you go in or out. Take a few mins and wrap the barb's in that area. and your good to go, you can carry a roll of black tape any were.

i use too have a tall moose step over my barbed wire fences until i got tired of watching him step over them. i got my wire cutters out cut all the wire down. helped alot of critters just too walk thru. moose use to eat the red willows down on my place. had a few there. they were fun to bump into. don't see them any more. just see wolf tracks now.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: BOBTAILSOriginally Posted By: doggin coyotes40 & 50 bucks? Wow. Would somebody really pay that much for something like that. Yeah, I suppose they would.
smile.gif

tt2.gif
lol

Heck, I'll GIVE you the piece of carpet I used before I started packing good sharp wire cutters.
tongue_smilie.gif

Thanks doggin, but I'm just messin' . I always carry lineman pliers in da truck!
thumbup1.gif

Back