Here She Is!! (25.06 I Won)

LUCKYDOG

It was built by a guy named Cory Jennings Of Tiny's custom guns. It has a Savage action, Douglas Premium barrel and a Richards stock. I'm not sure if I will keep it or not. I think it is more of a paper puncher than a hunting gun. I like to go to the range but I'm into killing for sport and food, not shooting for groups. I have really started liking the idea of a 25.06. I'll just have to see how it goes.

Anyways, Thanks to the Hunt Of A Lifetime Foundation and PT's Gun Sport And Pawn in Lamar Colorado.

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

Originally Posted By: sharkathmiLet us know how she shoots when you get that far.

I don't know if I'll ever get that far. I'm going to check into a new stock. The barrel is not a heavy barrel, it's a medium contour. If I can make it a good hunting rifle, I might keep it. If not, I'm going to try and trade it for a Varminter AR with a short barrel or a 300wsm. I just don't know yet.

Originally Posted By: Mike21Looks nice, medium contour barrels are nice too.

Heck, I'd keep it. Not like it cost you anything.
thumbup1.gif

Yeah. The medium barrel is why I'm thinking about keeping it. If it had a heavy barrel, it would be down the road as soon as possible. I'll be posting questions looking for advice in the next week or two.

The 25-06 is a great old caliber. Long range coyotes are in trouble, just not fur friendly. 85 grain Nosler with RL-19 for coyotes, 115 grain Nosler with IMR-4350 for deer. Berger makes a good bullet for it as well.

That's a wild looking rifle. I would test it out before you send it packing. I've got a nice heavy thumbhole stock on my favorite rifle. At first it's a little awkward to carry but you get used to it really fast. And it's super stable and comfortable for those long range shots.

I would replace that stock and keep it if I were you. .25-06 is a great round for Deer Antelope Pigs and can certainly be used for Black Bear and Elk. Great caliber.

I would keep it. its an awsome looking rifle. and the personaly Iv been wanting a 25-06 for some time. it would defenitly be a eye catcher at the range.

I bought a savage in a .17 bull barrel with a thumbhole stock
and accue trigger, i looked at it, say this thing is ugly, and that trigger looks like it would suck, but i wanted to try something different, after i shot it, i knew what i'd been missing all this time, dang after a few shot this thing feels amazing....glad i bought it. i hope you give it a good chance.
same thing with the ar-15 got one of those after years of not even giving them a second thought, now i'm ready for a few more.

And let me tell you something the 25-06 is an amazing round
i think you'll love it's flexability.

Is the stock uncomfortable to you?
Is the overall weight too heavy for you?

I don't understand why you'd want to get rid of it, especially before shooting it.

I'm not a flat lander. Hunting in the mountains is a lot different. The less you carry the better. I'm still thinking of keeping her. I'm in no to make up my mind.

Yeah, make a 4-5 hike with a bunch up way up and way down hiking. Ounces start to count. That's why I am looking into a Mtn rifle for the future.

Thats a great looking rig. Even if it is an Indian Head, LOL. Id be mulling over sale/keep too. I don't know what I would use a rifle like that for.

I think it's a great looking gun! Can see your point though of it's more of a show than work horse. Gotta love the 25-06 though. I'd keep it.

LUCKYDOG......well the name says it all. Ive never won anything in my life. Congrats on your win. It is a sweet looking gun. Even though you dont like to punch paper let us know how it shoots when you get a chance.

Back