If you could only have one 22 pistol

Love my Slabside MKII. I recently scoped it on a whim and don't regret it. It was accurate open sights, but now it is scary accurate. Last weekend I took a crack at some 2 Litre jugs the AR exploded at 312yds with my Slabside and some CCI stingers. Heard the faint smack on it after the second shot. Handed it to a buddy and he did it too before the mag was empty. Here it is in my modified holster. More fun to carry now that I found a good holster.
PICT0292.jpg

PICT0291.jpg

Some work at 50yds prone off a bag. Looks like I hooked one,
blush.gif

PICT0302.jpg

Alot of people have some flack about the Walther P22 but mine works just perfect with anything I feed it. It has the 5in target barrel (barrel extension) with an OD green frame.
Great little pistol for any purpose

I have a Ruger MK II with a 6 7/8 " barrel and I don't think you can go wrong with one. For the price it's a very accurate and durable pistol, and I'd bet it could hang with a much more expensive pistol accuracy wise. I also have a S&W 317 which is a terrific lightweight revolver. The S&W takes some getting used to because of the light weight, but it is pretty nice. Personally I think the Ruger is a better choice because it is much less expensive and every bit as good or better IMO.

I've owned and shot quite a few varieties of .22 pistols over the years, and several that I wish I'd hung onto...

For the last ten years I've had this 4" Sig Trailside with a red dot optic on it and haven't found a reason to replace it...

SigTrailside-22lrr.jpg

It super lightweight, handles well, accurate, and dependable with everything that I've put through it...I've been using it for steel plate rimfire competitions and usually come in 2nd (young guys are just a little faster
lol.gif
)..

I have had a number of Ruger target pistols over the years, everyone was a tack driver. I have a stainless fluted hunter now, and it is amazingly accurate.

Since you're open to revolvers
A stainless 4" barreled S&W 617 10-Shot would be hard to beat, especially if you add speed loaders & blocks.

Ruger will match it, but only if your gunsmith works it over a bit.

I've heard that Ruger is coming out with a new 22LR Revolver, might be worth a look.

Great selection of .22 revolvers.Love the model 17.I have my Dads model 17 so it is special.
2much I had a little colt like that years ago and sold it,among the many dumb things I have done.
Everyone it is nice to see so many really good .22s,not a junker in the bunch.If a person was looking to start a list of all time greats this thread would do well for a good start.

My brother has an old woodsman.I been needing to give him a call for a while now.He might want me to give it a clean up and store it safely for him,I mean I should try to help out my brother,right?

thanks guys, i always like to see others opinions even though i usually already know exactly what i want.

So i am going to do the only logical thing her:

BUY BOTH!!!!!!!

-S&W 617 6"
-Ruger MKIII tricked out a bit

I approve this plan!!!

I would approve it more if you lived around me and we could go out and break them in together!

Hope they both treat you well, and I would put a different front sight on the MkIII something about that fiber optic things screams,"BREAK ME!!!" Although this is coming from a guy who's buddies say should officially torture test all out door products because if I can't break them no one can!

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunYep. Lots of nice guns here.

I would love to have a Colt Woodsman to go with my Peacemaker.

Nobody has a Woodsman?

I put a pic of 1 of mine in the first pic post(dis one) below your peacemaker pic. Besides THAT one, I have another 1st series Sport, A 1st series Target, a 6 inch Huntsman and a 4 inch Huntsman. A few years ago I had to sell a Challenger, 2nd series Target, 3rd series Target, 3rd series Targetsman(unfired)and a 1924 MOP stocked pre-woodsman. Still miss 'em, each and every one......

I think your plan is an excellent one also! You can't do better than a MKIII and a 617! I've owned a couple of MKII's and now this MKIII 22/45 Hunter. They've all been nice guns. Here is a pic of the latest one....

DSCN0113.jpg

Originally Posted By: huntsman22Originally Posted By: 2muchgunYep. Lots of nice guns here.

I would love to have a Colt Woodsman to go with my Peacemaker.

Nobody has a Woodsman?

I put a pic of 1 of mine in the first pic post(dis one) below your peacemaker pic. Besides THAT one, I have another 1st series Sport, A 1st series Target, a 6 inch Huntsman and a 4 inch Huntsman. A few years ago I had to sell a Challenger, 2nd series Target, 3rd series Target, 3rd series Targetsman(unfired)and a 1924 MOP stocked pre-woodsman. Still miss 'em, each and every one......

Yep, I forgot about that one, as I hadn't read the thread for a few days
blushing.gif

Man, I would be missing those also. Sweet little guns, and pretty highly sought after.....

Back