If you could only have one 22 pistol

I own;

MK I
MK II
Single-Six [convertible]
Advantage Arms conversion for a 26

and hankering for a Buckmark however if I could only have one[1] it would be the MK I..owned the longest and shot the most.

I don't miss a TP 22 sold but the Colt Frontier Scout .22 bought at Sears for $59 or so in the early 60's kind of left a hole when needed the money more.

Then, Smith & Wesson 34, 6 shot, 2"
M34.jpg

SWs.jpg

Now, Smith & Wesson 317, 8 shot, 3"
AirLight.jpg

I also have a MKIII 22/45 and have owned the single six. Love'm both. I traded my single six a while back, I can't believe how much they have gone up!

When my eyes were younger, I liked the Colt Diamondback and the S&W K-22 Masterpiece. Nowadays, something like the AMT Lightning below works better for me.
AMT-Lightning.jpg

My go-to 22 is a Ruger Mark III Hunter with Crimson Trace grips. If it wasn't so danged expensive I would buy another for my left hand..........

If I could only have one 22 handgun then it would be a Freedom Arms revolver. My second choice would be the S&W Model 17, or 617. My third choice would be a Ruger Single six convertible that was reworked by Bob Munden.

A semi-auto would not even make the list. But if I had to pick a semi-auto it would be the Model 41 S&W. Tom.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeThe MK1's & 2's are nice .I know a couple people that had the 3 and hated them.

I have heard the same thing about the MK-III. Something to do with the loaded chamber indicator and the magazine for cleaning and disassembly. But cant remember specifics.

However, I have a MK-II and love that thing. Its accurate (considering Im a terrible shot) and fun to shoot

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunI got rid of my .22 Single Six and only have this now......

043.jpg

039.jpg

I think you get the sweet gun award 2muchgun! Last time you posted this thing up, I was envious. Now I just want to find one of my own

For me, it's my Colt Diamondback, with a 4" barrel. I've had it over 25 years, and have used it more than all my other guns, put together.

Hindsight being what it is, I wish that I had bought a second Diamondback. So, I recently bought a stainless steel Charter Arms Pathfinder. It's the target model, 4" barrel, with adjustable sights. It's a little smaller and lighter than the Colt. While I'm still breaking it in (and the barrel leads up quickly), it seems to shoot pretty well.

I've got a buckmark camper, an old three screw single six, and the smith 617. For some reason the 617 goes everywhere and the other's just sit around collecting dust. I wonder why that is....?

I have the Ruger MKII Slabside.
Shoots one hole at 50yds w/scope & match ammo.
Had a bad experience with a Sig 22 semi-auto.
Shot 6" groups 50yds with several brands ammo.
needless to say i don't own it anymore and won't but another.

S&W K22. I've had it for about 35 years. My daughter in law shoots it great and I've told her it is hers when I'm done with it. I hope that is a long time.

I guess it all depends on what you want to do with your .22

If you ask me I'll tell you that the only .22 I need is a Walther P22. Not the most accurate pistol but one of the most versatile .22's on the market. Now I don't plan on hunting chipmunks at 40 yards with it but for what i need it for its perfect. Light weight, comfortable, easy to shoot and carry and its plenty accurate.

I bought the P22 for my wife and ended up kinda keeping it. I tell her it her's and she is welcomed to use it any time.
smile.gif

I found this pic on the web. I don't have any picture of my little P22 nor do I have the fancy camo.

walther-p22--large-msg-119056614684.jpg

Ruger Mk II!!! I have the bull barrel version of it and absolutely love it. Actually I just found a company who can do an integrated suppressor on it that is amazing. It is a 800.00 mod but well worth the money when you hear nothing but the firing pin click and the impact of the bullet.

Back