In Loving Memory of Raegan Brooke South

Byron South

InLovingMemory.jpg

Many of you here either knew Raegan, or just knew of her through my post here on PM, others of you may have seen her on my videos. Many of you may have never heard of Raegan until recently. I want you to all know that she was a great little girl that was the toughest person that I’ve ever had the privilege of knowing. She has taught me more about life than anyone else ever could. She most definitely is my hero.

Four years ago when she was 7 she came down with the flu but due to a rare disorder in her immune system the flu progressed rapidly into encephalitis. We spent the next four and half months in the hospital with her. Much of this time she was in a coma with many doctors not giving us much hope at all. My family and friends were quick to ask for prayers for Raegan. In no time at all Gods phone was ringing off the wall asking for him to spare Raegan. Those prayers were answered. My family and I can’t thank you all enough for all the support and prayers.

After we were released from the hospital we returned home with Raegan but she had a lot of hurdles still left in front of her. The damage she suffered was mainly related to her physically being able to do very little. She couldn’t walk without a lot of help, she couldn’t speak without a lot of effort, and she couldn’t eat so we fed her through a tube in her belly. Regardless of all this she never lost her bright spirit and determination to get better. She worked hard every day.

Over the course of the last four years she had some other issues that has given us all some pretty good scares. These scares have returned us to the hospital a few times.

Just this past Thursday morning she began having seizures and it was just more than her earthly body could take and God called her home.

This was difficult to type and there is much more that I would like to tell you about Raegan but just feel this is not the time or place. I only post this so you can know that she was a great girl and she and her family appreciate all your prayers. She will be dearly missed and I look forward to seeing her again someday.

Please forgive me for not answering this post as I don’t plan on turning the computer on for a few days. Don’t worry about the South family though as we all have a very deep faith in God and believe in his promise. We know Raegan is now whole again and for that we are happy. We will just need to adjust to her not being here on earth with us. With help from God we will get through this.

May God bless you all for your many prayers.

South Family

Raegan and her twin brother Tanner shot this deer just this past Thankgiving.
IMG_20101126_171813.jpg

Byron, our Thoughts and Prayers are with you and you family. Words cannot express our sorrow.. Call if we can help with anything..The Carvers

My sincerest condolences and prayers to you and your family right now.

I have not the words to convey the sadness I feel for you and yours in this trying time.

Very sorry for your loss Byron.
frown.gif

I am so sorry for your loss Byron! It's hard to know what to say in a situation like this but you and your family have my prayers. I'm going to give all my kids an extra hug and kiss tonight...

Byron, you and the family will come through this terrible event because of your faith in the Lord. He will not fail you nor forsake you, you already know this.

I lost my wife to cancer after 22 years of marriage, left with a 4-year old daughter and a 13 year old son. It was difficult to say the least, but God brought us all through it. Sometimes we go through the fire and valleys, but there is always the higher ground.

Keep the faith my friend. God bless you and the family. You are in my prayers.

David

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts during such a tough time. Thoughts and prayers for you and the family.

Back