NYS Coyote Hunters

swampwalker - congrats on the starter.

It's amazing that an animal with that little fur left lasted this long. Not alot of snow this year, but it's been fairly cold for some while. Must have had a good cozy place to stay warm when it wasn't out trying to put some fat on.

Maybe the coyote gods will look down on your good deeds and serve you up a cat for your next kill. Good luck

Question...what's the best thing to do with a yote you shoot that's go mange??? Bury it?

Nice job though. Still have yet to get a response when I howl.

Originally Posted By: LittleTony Question...what's the best thing to do with a yote you shoot that's go mange??? Bury it?

Nice job though. Still have yet to get a response when I howl.

good luck digging a hole that big this time of year! Haha. I leave em where they lay normally. If it has mange or is sick I'm not going to touch it.

~Bryan

Holy Mackeral!!! The short suspense of opening the pic was met with shock at the sight of that dog! However, a coyote is a coyote and always makes for a rewarding hunt! Nice work
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: erictswampwalker - congrats on the starter.

It's amazing that an animal with that little fur left lasted this long. Not alot of snow this year, but it's been fairly cold for some while. Must have had a good cozy place to stay warm when it wasn't out trying to put some fat on.

Maybe the coyote gods will look down on your good deeds and serve you up a cat for your next kill. Good luck

Erict, he was bedding up under some boulders high on the south eastern side of a ridge..I suspect he was trying to catch the morning sun on the warmer side of the mountain.. last week I jumped this coyote as I was about to make a set and figured he wasn't going far.

Swamp, you should get that one mounted. Having various respective trophies, regardless of condition, makes one's trophy room more complete. :-O !!!!

LOL Congrats.

Finally got out this week for some evenin sets.Sunday eve had a grey in let it walk yotes were to busy runnin deer to cooperate.Monday eve they were really talkin My buddie dumped a 33lb male, after the shot had them talkin for 20 min wouldnt come closer than 400yds pacing back and forth in the Qbeam.We were in them again on Tuesday eve I missed at 109yds in the kill light happens when u dont settle in the spot.

The firing squad and Tuesday Eve

Got out yesterday for a couple morning sets. 8 minutes into the first set and a pair came in. I managed to get this big 40 pound female.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh304/swampwalker_photos/DSC03685.jpg

third set around 11:00AM called in a BIG yote to 80yds, blew the shot hit some branches.
cursing.gif

It was very windy when I left the house this morning but things died down just after sunrise. first set called in at least 6 coyotes
blink.gif
and managed to get these 2, a 36 pound female on the left and a 43 pound male on the right.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh304/swampwalker_photos/DSC03705.jpg

Second set of the day looked promising but no action.

pretty good action for an eastern boy.

Freebm, I'm with you on the mounting idea
thumbup1.gif
but my wife gave me the big
thumbdown.gif
thumbdown.gif

Back