scope help

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunMy only complaint is that I have had a couple with power selector rings that were very hard to turn..... And the problem is dirt getting underneath the power selecter ring. Ship it back to leupold and they will fix it.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunMy only complaint is that I have had a couple with power selector rings that were very hard to turn.....

With the weather we're having right now, you'd need vice grips to turn that sucka.

This is my only complaint as well.

I've owned a handful of 3-9's, few 4-12ao's, 2-7's and none ever had an issue holding zero. Then again, I don't shoot 100,000rds per year as some on these forums... *Laffin*

Yeah, it's kinda cold out right now.

I got rid of the 2 that turned really hard. Could have just sent them in. One was a 2-7x33, the other a 3-9x40 I think.

Neither had dirt under the ring. One was brand new. Supposedly this problem has been fixed.

Recently sold a 4-12x40 and a 1-4x20 also. One nice thing about Leupold is they hold their value and are way easy to get rid of should you choose.

I think I ran about 60,000 rounds under the one in 2009. It still held zero.......
lol.gif

My first scope as a teenager was a Vari X-II 3x9, it also had the very hard to turn power selector, I sent it back to Leupold and it is easy to turn now. It still sits on top of my deer rifle. I have never had a problem with it holding zero or the tracking.

There are other scopes that are as nice as the Leupolds, the Elite 3200's are pretty nice and I like the older Burris models from before the company was sold, but the quality of Burris has dropped quite a bit since the company was sold as well as getting warranty work on older scopes can be a problem.

With the Leupold you get good quality, fantastic warranty and service, and like 2muchgun stated, resale is great on them. If you pick one up at the right price used, getting all your money back is easy if you decide to switch to a different scope. For a young guy in PA that isn't shooting long distances, a used 2x7 Leupold offers a lot of bang for the buck with good options for resale later if he chooses to move to a different scope.

Take a look at the Burris FFII 3-9x40. I have several of them and they are great. You can pick up a camo one for $132 shipped right now. Click here . I was using mine yesterday shooting an 18" square steel plate at 500 yds.

Back