scope help

hoyttec2011

i have a .222 i just got as a gift from my uncle. I want to use that instead of my .243 because it just blows up whatever it touches haha. I am a student so kinda short on money but i dont want a crapper (tasco ect.). I was wondering what the best scope for the money is for a .222 and i hunt in pa so its not like im shooting 500 yards more around 50-100

Some of the better scopes, for the money, that I've used are the Mueller Optics...Depending on the power, you can have a wide range of choices...without breaking your piggy bank..

Originally Posted By: hoyttec2011i have a .222 i just got as a gift from my uncle. I want to use that instead of my .243 because it just blows up whatever it touches haha. I am a student so kinda short on money but i dont want a crapper (tasco ect.). I was wondering what the best scope for the money is for a .222 and i hunt in pa so its not like im shooting 500 yards more around 50-100
http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexviper2-7x32 This is what I would but on it.Or tis one.
http://www.redfield.com/_media/downloads/Revolution_2-7x33mm.pdf

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110Nikon Prostaff. Nice little scope for the $$$.

I'd go vortex over nikon. Product offering is about the same, with the viper taking the GOLD in service, should you ever have an issue.

Watch the classifieds on 24 hour campfire, used Leupold Vari-XII and VXII 2x7's regularly show up on there for $150-$175 shipped. A good used scope is better than a new lesser quality one. There is one on there now for $165 shipped. I PM'ed you a link.

Originally Posted By: CGR Leupold Vari-XII and VXII 2x7's regularly show up on there for $150-$175 shipped.

I would say a vortex viper is a better scope than a VX-II. I've not owned a VX2 that I was happy with in the last 15 years. The old ones were very good, but thats true with most things.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: CGRWatch the classifieds on 24 hour campfire, used Leupold Vari-XII and VXII 2x7's regularly show up on there for $150-$175 shipped. A good used scope is better than a new lesser quality one. There is one on there now for $165 shipped. I PM'ed you a link.

A vx2 1-4 or 2-7 would be worth saving for or look for one used.

Burris makes a nice 1-4 too I think it is in your price range. With such short ranges I think you would best be served by a 1-4x.

The VX2 hasn't been around for 15 years, nor close.

The new models are EASILY better than the old(Vari-XII). Same tubes and internals, only newer model has multi-coated glass and better dials.........

Check my add on Ebay for a KONUSUS pro M30 4x-16x mill dot, has lighted recticle, I am not trying to be pushy, please, It is a good scope

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunSame tubes and internals, only newer model has multi-coated glass and better dials.........

It's a shame they don't hold zero better than the old ones.
smile.gif

I would disagree, seeing not a single part that has anything to do with holding zero has changed.

But then I've owned a half dozen of each.......

I've met a lot of people that haven't had a problem with them and have had half a dozen or more that worked fine too.

Seems you've been lucky to not have a single failure. Though that would go for anything someone purchases in quantity.

Back