Slayer Says He Was Fired On

SavTxCajun

I need to read more on this one, two sides to ever story, my not being there.
Shooting
"MINNEAPOLIS (Reuters) - A Laotian immigrant said he was fired on first and racially insulted before he turned his gun on a group of deer hunters in Wisconsin's North Woods, killing six and wounding two, police said on Tuesday.

Chai Soua Vang, 36, was surrounded by angry hunters who found him trespassing on their land on Sunday and at least one called him a "g**k, ch**k, f***ing Asian," according to a document filed by investigators in Sawyer County Circuit Court.

Shortly after that one hunter aimed a gun at him, he ducked and a bullet hit the ground 30 to 40 feet behind him, Vang told police after his arrest, the document said.

He said he did not realize he was trespassing and was leaving the grounds when the incident got ugly, according to Gary Gillis, an investigator for the Sawyer County Sheriff's Department who wrote the document."

God rest their souls, pray for their families.

It's reported "noticed the number of the hunting license tag Vang was wearing"

I think he was hunting and may have thought he was not doing any wrong, if this was the first time anyone had came upon him hunting there.

To many unknowns; why only 4 months in the Army, was he a Guardsmen, I don't think it was long enough for Basic and AIT?

OK....one thing this did do is make me more aware of what this gun he had with him really is. I had thought it was an assault rifle and wondered WHY he had it. I did some research and found out that I was terribly misinformed. So...he had a gun that someone might use to kill deer. That does not make me feel any better about HIM.

It would take a LOT for anyone to convince me that his side of this story is a good one.

Those poor hunters had NO idea what they were up against...and apparently no chance to take his a$$ out. This is disturbing:

Source
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ibsys/20041123/lo_wisc/2467577

Police say Vang lived on the East Side of Saint Paul, Minn. Records show police were called to his house twice in the past year on domestic violence calls. But, both were resolved without incident, and no reports were filed.

Minneapolis police said they arrested Vang on Christmas Eve of 2001 after he waived a gun and threatened to kill his wife. But, he was never charged because his wife wouldn't cooperate with authorities.
--------------------------------------------
He says he was fired upon first?!?!!? Yeah..well I wonder if his wife threatened him with a gun when he waived his gun and threatened to kill HER. *sigh* I guess I have convicted this guy...but, Oh well....

Surrounded by angry hunters? I thought he was discovered by 2 hunters. He shot both, killing one. The wounded one radioed for help from the rest of his group, who were then chased down and killed when they arrived.

This guy is a mass murderer. The media is avoiding it like the plague. This is also a hate crime in every sense of the term. The liberal media is playing this off like the killer is the "victim" of a gang of racist hunters. This POS chased the people thru the woods and killed them off one by one. Including a woman and a kid!!

Nasa would have a point. A man, gunned down unarmed people. But now that he's playing the race card, it's whiteys fault he snapped.

Just as I stated in another post concerning this incident. I knew that they would put the race card on the table. You watch. They are going to screw this whole thing up because "Whitey" and his "posse of clan folks" were out harrassing the Asian.

And the spin begins.I knew it was gonna turn this way.Like NASA said this is a hate crime,towards whites.And it goes on all over.I like the part where he ducks to dodge the bullet,he's been watching too much T.V.,how would he know when that supposed bullet was coming at him.As far as the domestic with the gun,if he was in WI.,his wife wouldnt have to file charges,the state would regardless if she refused to press.The guy is a puke,and the media is trying to dress him up as a model immigrant citizen.If it would be you or I,we would be compared to charles manson. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Well...the media can dress him up any way they please. I doubt many people will not see through it...please, please let me believe that people have more sense than that! We can only hope and pray that justice will prevail.

This story only strengthens the reason I carry a sidearm when hunting. I may not get the chance to use it, but it won't be because it's not there. Couple that with you never know what kind of nut you are going to run across in the woods.

I don't think anyone with half a brain could not see through all of this when the details are all laid out. I'm sure at least one or more of the victims were unarmed and shot in the back trying to get away. Not much of a threat to him at the time. Hopefully, the two remaining people that were only wounded will pull through and tell the story from their view.

The guy should be used as an example to all the tresspassers out there, of any race. I only hope Minnesota has the death penalty. The first couple of guys might have used some less than flattering ethnic descriptions, but that hardly warrants shooting them. All this crap coming from the attorneys and media now is just bull**** that won't hold water later.

My concern in only with the families of the victims. It's going to be a tough holiday season for them for sure.

Did anyone notice, "PETA," stamped on his shirt? I wouldn't put it past those domestic terrorists to buy a hunting license and hunt hunters, kill them and blame it on a race issue or self defense. And for Christ's sake, if I call you on the radio for help...shots fired...please, come armed!, and kill the bas%ard! Self defense from unarmed women and children? Maybe an attempt on killing witnesses.

Did the 2 guys who helped him find his way out of the woods say that he even mentioned the shooting to them? Or did he keep his mouth shut until the troopers grabbed him? If he was quiet until caught, then maybe he WAS trying to kill off any witnesses.

And PLEASE don't forget guys.....thay called him names!!!! Yes....they called him names. So, we all know that makes it OK....chase women and children down and kill/maim them, because someone called you a name. We all know it is justifiable if someone calls you a name....

I am a 25 year retired State Trooper...if everytime I had been called a name, I went on a killing spree, there would be corpses from Arkansas to Alaska.....and I would have worn out 2 Dillon 1050's.

I'm leaving this thried thinking you've tried him, found him guilty and are ready to give him death.

I don't have all the facts and I don't trust the reporting and maybe not the investigation that may come out of this. What he did was wrong and he'll pay for it, but we don't have all the information.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, GOD BLESS and I'll pray for their families, all of them.

He IS guilty......whatever the "facts"....6 people are dead, some shot in the back, some twice, all unarmed except maybe one.....he IS guilty.

I cannot even begin to comprehend what in the he*l this guy was thinking. This is beyond a sick angry individual! I don't doubt for a minute that some nasty angry words were exchanged between ALL Parties involved. Let's face it, deer hunting in Wisconson is like a religion...but C'MON, the guy snapped like a twig! His actions cannot be excused in the least! The best question I've heard raised so far, is whether or not he mentioned the "incident" to the two guys that led him out of the woods... This is just a terribly unfortunate, and sad act of anger. I pray for the families involved. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Even if the hunters did use racial slurs, Verbal provocation is no excuse for MURDER!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

He ADMITTED to shooting the people and is now claiming self defense... I'm sure he was able to dodge the bullet they shot at him first and then return fire, killing 6 and wounding 2 AND shooting his "attackers" in the backs all without taking any more fire ... Yep, sounds like self defense to me... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back