Slayer Says He Was Fired On

I have to wonder why the hunters were unarmed. Does this state allow you to carry a sidearm when hunting?

It just seems tradgically strange.

There is posted on the internet what is said to be the police report of his statement, in which he admits he shot eight people of whom only one was armed, and six are now dead. So although he hasn't been convicted, it isn't unreasonable to assume that he did shoot eight people, killing six. Unless we believe that posted report is fake and the police and all the media are conspiring or unwitting participants in putting out a false story that the fellow in custody has admitted the shootings.

What he is saying about racial insults and being shot at may be true, but it is also consistent with the sort of muddying of the waters to be expected from the desperate when facing the legal consequences of their acts.

But even if he was subjected to intimidating posturing and angry words and even racial insults from his eventual victims, which is not impossible to believe, that wouldn't justify killing people, and his own account doesn't include him attempting to defuse the situation with an apology for trespass. (Even if I believed I wasn't trespassing, against so many people sure I was, I'd have gone along with them, apologised, withdrawn, checked the facts, and made a complaint to the authorities if I were proved right.) And if he was shot at first, once, as he claims, (and that part isn't at all easy to believe since subsequent actions he admits leave him in such a hopeless situation that he must try any excuse, however implausible), after shooting the one armed hunter any justification of self-defence would end with the opportunity to withdraw, and his hunting down and shooting seven unarmed people, (they were not all found within sight of each other, so the killer had to have pursued them separately) makes this clearly a case of a man giving free reign to his murderous anger, and whatever reasons understandably caused it to build up in him, there is nothing that can excuse acting it out.

Even if he was fired upon by one person his first response under the law should have been to attempt to leave the area. (run away, run away)
If he then felt that his life was threatened and that he could not escape without using deadly force against the individual who had fired on him the plea of self defense might………………..just might…….be reasonable.

However, the very instant an unarmed individual who could not possibly be considered as a deadly threat was fired upon all his claims of self defense were gone like smoke in the wind.

Members of his own community have spoken out against him and from the other revelations of past problems with violence it is apparent that the Hmong, like every other ethnic group, has its own share of whack jobs.

If the posted report is factual he gives himself up.

A mential defence may be used but he needs to fry. We may never know what made him do this, but he snapped.IMHO

Pray for the famlies, God Bless'em.

Because nothing is happening with Vang right now. It was all over the news last week when it happened. Now he's in custody, been charged and sitting in a cell. There is nothing new to report.

Peterson was just convicted and the jury is entering the sentancing phase. Things are happening to be reported on.

The National Enquirer is reporting in it's newest edition that Scott Peterson has been tied to three or four other murders and is being dubbed a serial killer. I always have a smug little grin on my face when I read those BS stories while stuck in the line at the grocery... the little old lady behind me last night seemed somewhat concerned at how I was grinning at the "gruesome evidence" the Enquirer had uncovered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Originally posted by jrbhunter:
[qb]The National Enquirer is reporting in it's newest edition that Scott Peterson has been tied to three or four other murders and is being dubbed a serial killer. I always have a smug little grin on my face when I read those BS stories while stuck in the line at the grocery... the little old lady behind me last night seemed somewhat concerned at how I was grinning at the "gruesome evidence" the Enquirer had uncovered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif [/qb]
My Lord!How could you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back