Favorite 22-250 Coyote bullet

My dad isnt a member here so i will put his vote in. 52 grain james calhoon DBLHP fur friendly even for foxes and they work ive seen him shoot 10+ fox and coyotes over the years and theyve all dropped on the spot

52 Berger Varmint did very well in a previous rifle. Been using the 62 Bergers lately, and will also try the 40 Berger Varmint.

50 grain sierra blitz...been using it for last two winters, mostly cause my rifle loves em...and if your careful about your shot placement the fur damage can be minimal, although quarter size repair jobs can be common. Personally the frontal shot is my favorite, very small entry and no exit. This is usually a bang flop deal in my experience...good hunting to ya

I've had great succes with "plactic tip bullets" the 22 cal, 55 grain Nosler Ballistic tips to be exact. Shoulder shots, quartering shots, in close or way out there. Good killing bullet and obscenely accurate. In fact, I kilt 5 coyote with them out of my Sako 220 Swift just this last weekend! No issues. Grizz

Yes! 55 grain Nosler Balistic tips, custom Rem. 220 swift, max load of IMR 4895, killer diller, .100-.300in 5 shot groups.

When I had a .22-250, (I have had three) I tried quite a few of the above mentioned. If your not into saving hides, any of the above will work, some better than others. If your into saving hides, try the 52 grn James Calhoon DHP. I had never lost or destroyed a coyote. The biggest exit if there was one to be found was no bigger than a quater. I loaded them up with Varget at 3600 fps. I now shoot the same bullet in my AR in the .223 with Varget @ 3200 fps and the 33 grn DHP out of my .204 with Benchmark @ 4020 fps. I have taken two coyotes this year, one @ 50 yards and one at 178 yards. I couldn't find the exit on the further one and it was DRT.

I've been using the 50gn Nosler Ballistic Tip over 36gn of Varget, and it's been a winner every time. Shoulder shots drop them on the spot and I rarely if ever get an exit.

I bagged a NICE big female on Saturday and sighted another that the cows scared off.

I've been shooting the Combined Tech 55 grain and it seems on paper to do a good job, and the yote doesn't seem to know what hit him.....Kill them even if it take a RPG....

# 1 choice= Hornady 52 gr Match BTHP
# 2 choice= Sierra 52 gr Match BTHP

Relatively small entry hole and seldom if ever an exit hole.

Back