Attn: Western Colorado PMers!

Sounds great. Mesa Lakes Resort is a couple hundred yards from the campground. It is a restaurant (lodge) and boat and cabin rental establishment. The food is served from 9 am to 4 pm, and on Saturday there is some local music and food till 6 pm. Row boats are $30 for a half day. The cabins are very "rustic".

There are a few other lakes within easy walking distance (paved trail) with lots of fish. I was up there Tuesday and the 25 unit campground appeared over half full.

Jumbo Res. is about 7 acres, 6 feet deep with stocked rainbow and wild brookies.

Sunset Lake is a stones throw from the campground. It's 18 acres, 22 feet deep with stocked rainbow, wild brown and wild brookies. This is where I used to take my Dad fishing. There are suckers in Sunset if you need some catfish bait.

Beaver Lake can be seen from the large picture windows while eating at the lodge. It's a "bit" mossy. At 9 feet deep it holds rainbows, browns and brook trout.

Mesa Lake is the biggest in this area at 26 acres and 9 feet deep with stocked rainbow and wild brookies.

West Mesa Lake is a short hike, maybe a quarter mile, where you can catch brookies.

Lost Lake, one of many Lost Lakes in Colorado, is further up the trail. This is a tough one to fish, lots of huge rocks gaurding the large brookies and cutthroats that feed in this 4 acre 17 feet deep aquarium.

Don't forget your fishin poles gentlemen.

Roy

Well I am planning to be there, probably tent camping as the trailer will be up at hunting camp. Is anyone going to be there on friday night? I was hoping to set up hunting camp that night, but could make it down for camping. Also I will be packing my wife and kids along, so I hope you all do not mind. I will have the jeep and blazer up and running so if anyone knows some good 4x4 trails to some remote lakes we could take the group back into some rougher country pretty easy.

Of course this all hinges on how my move is going. I think we will be moved by then...

I will be heading up in a white dodge mega cab. If I bring the Jeep it is red and the blazer is green. Both are pretty built and will stand out.

I will catch you then...

Im planning on being there sometime Sat. Some friends of mine might be coming along but we havent got that set in stone just yet. I will be driving a burnt orange chevy 1/2 ton ext cab with a polaris 700 loaded in the back.

Guy

Well guys, my baby is here! I will post a thread here shortly with pics...

I will be heading up there Sat. morning with a buddy who just signed up on here and my 6 yr old boy. The wifey hasnt decided if she wants to go yet. dont know if we want to get the baby out in the elements that soon...

Watch for a crazy Utah'n pulling in on a Harley sometime Saturday
thumbup.gif
Ill leave here between 6 and 7..

Originally Posted By: carvercallsWatch for a crazy Utah'n pulling in on a Harley sometime Saturday
thumbup.gif
Ill leave here between 6 and 7..

Are you sure the Harley is up to a trip like that since it never leaves the comfort of the garage?
tongue_smilie.gif

Originally Posted By: guywildstormKerry you are going to have a hard time hauling that load of wood back on the Harley!!!!

Guy

Shoot I wished I could bring the truck

I'm going to have to take the scooter, due to, Kim is going to need the truck at the house just incase the grand baby is born early..

So,who is still planning on going? Weather is suppose to be beautiful! A buddy and I are going to make a few stands and scout for archery deer on our way up. Should be there around 11.

I will be there. I talked to Kerry last night and he is planning on making the drive over if the weather is good. Mark is also planning on being there. Sounds like 4 of us for sure. Hope to see some others commit to making it up.

Guy

Just got home from the 'Boat. Drove out to spend some time with my son. Had an invite from Devin to hunt while there. Unfortunately I left his PH# on my computer table when we left. What a bummer!
Wish I could be with you guys, sounds like a good time. Maybe next year?

Have fun, stay safe, and whack one for me will ya!

letsgohuntn - - Yup, I'll be there!!
I'm lookin' forward to meeting everyone and putting a face with a name.
See you all soon....
Mark

Im still planning on going weather permitting
thumbup1.gif
So far it sounds like it should be some nice weather for a scooter ride
thumbup.gif
Ill leave out of here about 7am Saturday.. I would leave earlier but there are a few deer on the highway right at dawn, I would hate to tag one of them and chip the paint on the Hog LOL.. It looks like it will be about a 5 to 6 hr ride
thumbup1.gif
We will see ya there
thumbup.gif

Was planning on spending the night up there but one of my co workers is leaving for Cheyenne in the morning and I need to cover his jobs this week end. Do plan on visiting for a while. Seems like cell service is pretty good around the camp ground. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Back