Attn: Western Colorado PMers!

Well guys I will not be making it. Too much going on with the move and now it looks like my grandmother will pass away in the next day or less. I hope everyone has a fun and safe time. I will just have to show up for the second annual get together next august.

Guys, its not looking good for me making the trip.. Our grand baby was born a few weeks early (yesterday morning).. Im going to have to stay here and help out with her.. It looks like we will be bringing her home Saturday morning
thumbup.gif
My son is a coal miner and they are in the middle of a long wall move, so time off for him is going to be very minimal.. Hopefully this will be an annual event!! I'll make it next year if it is..

ELKS...I'm very worry to hear about your Grandmother. Very sad.

Kerry, congrats on your new Grandpappy status!!
thumbup.gif
Post up some pics when you get a chance. Sorry you can't make the trip. Maybe next year!

Congratulations Kerry!!!!
thumbup.gif
I hope to make it an annual event as well. Might even want to have a winter get together with some huntin involved.
wink.gif

ELKS, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. You and your family will be in our prayers. There will be plenty of other times to catch up.

I need to get on line more! Just read this post for the first time and would have planned to join you'll if you would have allowed us front range types (Colorado Springs) to join in. But, my father-in-law is in the hospital so need to help as required, maybe next time.
Doug
ORION CALLS

Well that was a bust. Showed up around 2:00 and no sign of anyone that looked like a coyote hunter. Spent about 45 min driving around in the campgrounds and even went and checked at the resort. Left and came back around 4:00 and still no sign of anyone.

Kerry Im sure glad you didnt make the drive out buddy!!!

Guy

Guy...since the original poster said he would be there at 11AM, I showed up around 1130AM. I drove around for about 2 hours, checked all the camp sites and both day use areas and talked with the campground host. Couldn't find anything. I was parked out by the highway and a truck drove by and had folks dressed in camo in it. I tracked 'em down and it was original poster. We visited a while and I learned that there wasn't any clear set plan, other than meeting in the general area. So we had strangers looking for strangers in the general area of Jumbo Lake.
I looked for you and your truck until around 2PM then headed down Lands End Rd. We must have just missed each other on Hwy 65.
It was a disappointing day for sure.

PS - I'm glad to see you got your computer running again!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: guywildstormWell that was a bust. Showed up around 2:00 and no sign of anyone that looked like a coyote hunter. Spent about 45 min driving around in the campgrounds and even went and checked at the resort. Left and came back around 4:00 and still no sign of anyone.

Kerry Im sure glad you didnt make the drive out buddy!!!

Guy

Man guys thats not good!! It would have been a nice ride but it sounds like I would have been riding back the same day..

Ya, that didnt quit turn out like it should have. The only person I saw was shark. I got up there around 11 and left at 3:30. I was taking the boy around to the different lakes there at the campground fishing. Sorry we didnt catch you guy. Shark was looking for you too. Me must had just missed you. That place was busy busy yesterday. I was asking everyone if they where from the forum... I got some pretty wierd looks.

I am sorry if you guys thought I was getting a campground. But I did mention in this thread that I was only going up for the day, since we just had the baby.

If you guys want,I will take the bull by the horns and set up a get together for next summer. That way we have plenty of time to plan something. Maybe do it on the Uncompaghre, up Divide Road. Find a big primitive camping area and everyone can camp together. Plus, there is plenty of open space for some great calling up there and not near the amount of people.

Most everyone I asked, from the campground hostess to the lady that runs the lodge, acted like i was contagious when coyote hunting was mentioned. Go figure!!!!

Didn't get out of the field till dark thirty last night so went up for breakfast this morning. As i was easing through the campground i heard a screeching sound and thought i'd found you guys. Turned out to be a couple of huge parrots on the north end of the lake. I was in my company truck so no firearms thus no calls or i would have sent up a locater howl.

The proprioter at the lodge said Jumbo filled up last night so some campers were sent up to Spruce Grove. No callers there that i could tell, but 2 more of those big parrots.

Coming off the Mesa, i was able to pick up my favorite radio show, 'Prarie Home Companion' and got to hear Garrison Keeler as he spoke of Lake Wobegon, "Where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average."

Roy

Back