Brand New Burris Longrange Scope

Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110It isn't my cup of tea.

Kinda figured you for a beer drinker or aleast MT Dew .
w00t.gif

Not really my cup of tea either, but to each their own. If it works, I'm sure it will be popular with some.

On other note, Burris's customer service is just plain lousy. There's a upside though, it's pretty consistent!
thumbdown.gif

I personally think the concept is awesome. Turrets and Range finders take too much time when hunting. I am just concerned about the warranty. The Burris site said 3 years and the site I originally found said 1 year. I wrote Burris. Lets see what they say.

Would work for you guys in TX... Probably not up here in Nebraska or any further north as it's operating temp only goes down to 14 deg F.

Originally Posted By: sandhillshunter
On other note, Burris's customer service is just plain lousy. There's a upside though, it's pretty consistent!
thumbdown.gif

Just curious Sandhills, is your statement based on a first hand experience? If so, I'd sure like to hear the details. Or is it second hand, third hand or maybe just rumor.

I own four Burris scopes now and have been very happy. I have had no need to test Burris customer service in four years. From second hand experience, as in three acquaintances, I have heard two good and one bad. The bad one comes from a guy that doesn't like much of anything. The good ones have been very good.

Just curious as to what you based your statement on. If I am missing something I would sure like to hear it.

Yes, based on my customers dealings with them. Had a customer get the run around by their CS department. We sent his scope in to be fixed and after about two weeks time frame, the scope was sent back. Sounds good doesn't it? Problem was, it was sent back not fixed. Sent it in again, same thing. This time, the guy left the scope at my shop and has not been back sense. I caught [beeep] and lost a customer because of their screw-up. I don't take kindly to something like that!

Now don't confuse bad customer service, with quality of product. I'll be the first to say that they make a good product and I really do like their high-end scopes. But they wronged my customer and myself. Because of that, I will never buy or sell another one!

Hope you don't take this as me getting all huffy & puffy with you Claim, as I'm not. Your one of the ones I respect on here. I just see red when it comes to Burris.

Take care

Originally Posted By: daddyfleaI personally think the concept is awesome. Turrets and Range finders take too much time when hunting.

Guess I've been doing something wrong all these years...ymmv.

Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110Originally Posted By: daddyfleaI personally think the concept is awesome. Turrets and Range finders take too much time when hunting.

makes two of us !

Just wondering if any of you looked at the link. This is not the old type Laser scope this is a brand new concept. You range your target with a remote then a dot pops up showing the bullet's actual impact point. I am sorry boys but i have used lasers, Turrets, Shepherds, and circles, and if this thing works right you will not be able to match the speed or even come close. In my years of hunting and long range shooting, I found that there is no time in hunting situations, unless you accidentally sneak up on one, to do all that ranging. I leave my range finder at home and set my rifle several inches high and try to compensate.

This is not the old type Laser scopes that ranged and then had hold over points that may or may not match your rifle. After you get the range it has a dot that pops up and shows where your bullet actually hits. It does not compensate for the wind but in my opinion that is almost impossible to judge from the rifle because the bullet is affected more at the target end.

I'll stick to my proven methods. LRF, turrets and real world data from my range sessions.

"Different strokes for different folks."

Does this unit take in temperature? Elevation?

I personally wouldn't want to hold over with a solid black line and then have a small LED light up for my ret. Seems too thick for extended shots? Give me a duplex,turrets, and a LRF and I'll put meat on the table.

Seal, quit it with all the logic & 'real world data' stuff, will ya? It's really putting a damper on the Burris fantasy I'm conjuring in my head...

Originally Posted By: sandhillshunter
Hope you don't take this as me getting all huffy & puffy with you Claim, as I'm not. Your one of the ones I respect on here. I just see red when it comes to Burris.

Take care

Not at all. In fact I started out a little hard. I love to hear first hand knowledge, as you just shared. That is valuable stuff here.

What get's my motor running is when someone reads something elsewhere, has no first hand knowledge, or even second hand stuff and then starts quoting so called facts.

Thanks for coming back with the backup information.

Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110Originally Posted By: daddyfleaI personally think the concept is awesome. Turrets and Range finders take too much time when hunting.

+1

Me too, would not dare go on most hunting trips without the Leica 1200. I even dropped it 35' out of the top of a pine tree once...still keeps on ticking.

Well I sent some emails to Burris asking some specific questions.

1. Would they extend their Warranty.

2. Just how long was the warranty? I read one place 1 year and another three years,

3. How long did the range stay lit? The specs say 80 seconds but does not state the holdover stays as well.

I got a short email saying no warranty extension and that was it. I do have a Burris scope and I have had no problems with it, but it did not cost 850.00 and did not have electronics in it. Until something else changes very interesting concept, but I will stick with my Leupolds hitting 3 inches high at 100.

Unfortunately bad customer service sticks around for a while sort of like Colt refusing to sell to anyone but Law Enforcement, Smith and Wesson pulling their stunt, as well as Ruger. I don't forget very quick and I am wary for a very long time.

Originally Posted By: daddyflea I found that there is no time in hunting situations, unless you accidentally sneak up on one, to do all that ranging. I leave my range finder at home and set my rifle several inches high and try to compensate.

This is not the old type Laser scopes that ranged and then had hold over points that may or may not match your rifle. After you get the range it has a dot that pops up and shows where your bullet actually hits.

I've found that you have plenty of time to range critters that are far enough away that they require "all that ranging" (I usually just do it once, myself). Critters 300 or 400+ yards away don't tend to act like they were "snuck up upon" around here. Maybe they are different in your neck of the woods.

I'll stick to twisting turrets and aiming at hair, not at air.........

I would be willing to bet that the ranging aspect of the unit is really lacking.. I bet it wouldnt even read 500 yards consistently.

A good rangefinder that actually works well past 600 yards consistently is almost the price of that scope.

I'm interested in knowing how that little dot knows where your bullet is going to hit. Is the unit programable for BC, velocity, altitude, temp,.........?

Back