3-shot group from new RRA Coyote Carbine

squib

Handloaded some 50 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets with 25.0 grains of Benchmark.

Shooting Rock River Arms Coyote Carbine with Leupold VXII 4-12.

Today at 200 yards.

223group.jpg

Never in my wildest dreams did I think an AR could group like this.

Originally Posted By: squib

So your awake now? Welcome to the club of reality.
thumbup.gif

That is a great group, by the way(as if I needed to tell ya)!!!

Clicked it two to the right and called it a day. Doubt I will ever be able to hold it that well again, but great to know the rifle can do it.

I looked at the target before I read the text and thought....so-so.

Then I read 200 yards and thought...yeah, that's how ya do it!!

Great job!! I think you have a winner!!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: sharkathmiI looked at the target before I read the text and thought....so-so.

Then I read 200 yards and thought...yeah, that's how ya do it!!

Great job!! I think you have a winner!!
thumbup.gif

Same here. Very nice shooting. I wish I could shoot that well.

Awesome group!

I have a pic of a 200 yard group that is VERY similar to yours. Mine is out of a RRA A4 Varmint in 18" shooting factory blue box Black Hills 60gr v-max.

It really is amazing how well these rifles shoot out of the box.

Originally Posted By: skullcreekIs that the 16 or 20 inch Coyote Carbine?
Will you reload for me? Haha

He said that group came from the carbine which is the 16 incher.

Originally Posted By: squib

I'm with you, I was really skeptical at first but mine shoots so good that my old 788 22-250 is gathering dust, and that's saying something.

Originally Posted By: yoteslayer77Originally Posted By: skullcreekIs that the 16 or 20 inch Coyote Carbine?
Will you reload for me? Haha

He said those groups came from the carbine which is the 16 incher.

I assumed that's the one he meant. Fine groups either way. I need one of those too. Maybe I'll get it dipped in mossy Oak.

Originally Posted By: RubenatorNice shooting, BUT 3 shot groups dont count around here! We need 5 shot groups!

I'd hate to see what I would do with two more shots. Probably miss the paper.

Quote:I'd hate to see what I would do with two more shots. Probably miss the paper.

Yeah, I bet.
grin.gif

Well, you missed the dime, but you missed it consistently, so I think you'll be okay.
thumbup1.gif

How many rounds have you put through that rifle. I just got a RRA Varmint A4 16" barrel. I only put about 50 rounds through it so far but I was less than impressed. I got the rifle because of all the great reviews it gets but now im not sure i should have. Any advice?

Originally Posted By: yotekilla313How many rounds have you put through that rifle. I just got a RRA Varmint A4 16" barrel. I only put about 50 rounds through it so far but I was less than impressed. I got the rifle because of all the great reviews it gets but now im not sure i should have. Any advice?

I have shot around 20 rounds through it. I have never shot factory ammo through it, but it was impressive from the first rounds down range.

RRA guarantees .75 MOA in that rifle I believe, Yotekilla. I would contact RRA and see what they say if I were you.

What ammo are you shooting?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RubenatorNice shooting, BUT 3 shot groups dont count around here! We need 5 shot groups!

Rube,

If those three dont put down what your after you need to start shooting bigger guns...

Squib,

Great 200 yard group no matter where you post the pic
thumbup.gif

Keep enjoying that RRA.

B

Yotekilla try a few different types and weights of ammo (if you haven't already). I have had good luck with the Federal 50gn red box Wal-Mart stuff. 55gn is easy to find, but the 50gn is a little more tough. Really shot well though. Heard good things about the Black Hills stuff as well. If you have tried different types of ammo, might want to call RRA.

Back