Anybody used or looked thru a LUNA LN-PRS40?

Ron, Axman here has that scope with the Luna Laser illuminator on it, but not the torch. You may want to pm him, i'm sure there has to be others with them also as Luna sells a ton of those scopes each year. I would think the torch would work just fine though, i think the Laser is probably a little over kill for any Gen 1 at 1000 meters lol, i think the torch says 400 meters if i remember correct? Luna has a IR light in that same range also as the torch, if looking to cut cost, the torch could be a good alternative? I figured what the [beeep], i'm ordering mine with the laser so i have no regrets as the light makes the scope!

Well i have a scope comming and i have monoculars in and binocs on the way too, i can get items in a few days if there is one you want to check out also. My number is 920-562-0099, give me a call and stop on over (after dark of course so we can try it) as i would be happy to show you whatever your interested in!

Originally Posted By: crashnrondoThanks for the reply, is that something you stock and how much are they?
I see your just north of me.

Thanks,
Ron

Check the sponsors forums, I just started a group buy for anyone interested in a great deal!

Some picture's my buddy did in another forum..This is with the LN-PRS40 with the stages of built in IR LOW and HIGH..And i will show what a ATN look's like also..The cross hair's on the Luna you can adjust how bright you want them.

Luna_Level_1_IRr.jpg

Luna_Level_2_IRr.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the ATN Aries 390 Paladin you be the judge.. It's IR setting's 9-1 9 being the highest setting..
GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

ATNIR8.jpg

ATNIR7.jpg

ATNIR6.jpg

ATNIR5.jpg

ATNIR4.jpg

ATNIR3.jpg

ATNIR2.jpg

ATNIR1.jpg

Last edited:

This was posted in another forum by a good friend who bought one of the Luna scope's...He does not have the laser IR yet thou..
Charter Member #37
Picture of Southbreeze

Posted February 20, 2010 09:35 AM Hide Post
While this in no means, constitutes a real world test. I thought it might help some of the lads that are torn on which way to go with their first nv scope purchase. Much like the Axman sayeth, there is very little out there to help us decide.....sometimes I think it's on purpose! Compared to some of the crap I've seen since I got out of the military, neither one of these is a bad deal. ATN has some terrible reviews out there, the difference I feel, is using a reputable dealer (cabelas, for instance) that will stand behind the product and make it right; will go a long way in insulating yourself from some of the horror stories out there.

Axman, I'm trying to help you as well, because I believe you're doing the right thing. I just wanted to put something up that could be construed as objective (because I own both of these scopes, purchased from different vendors)up for the lads to see. I'd love to get a hold of one the long range I/R illuminators you were talking about, that could really make a difference in it's outdoors real world usability.

Oh yeah, the Luna is the LN-PRS40. And one last thing, both scopes have adjustable reticle brightness settings; because the higher your IR power they'll tend to wash out and you'll need to crank up the intensity a bit to see them.

Cheers,
SB

Posted February 20, 2010 10:41 AM Hide Post
Here is the luna mounted on a 7.62x39 suppressed upper that I'm going to finish sighting in while here in Houston this month. The ATN is still in the case at the house.

Needless to say, I'm stoked to find out that suppressors do not require ATF paperwork to cross state lines!! So I brought a few over with me so some of the lads at the office can send some rounds downrange and get bit by the bug as well! I tend to catch a load of crap about being a "gun nut" redneck, blah; blah; blah; by my colleagues from the North Sea/UK region. Each time I come over to the office, I bring a few irons along and take the boys out to some of the excellent ranges here in Houston and let them test drive the hardware.

Every [beeep] one of them, comes away with smile that a mule eatin' briars would envy. So, I'm trying to do a bit of Ambassadorship to the unlearned masses. This run will include two Scotsman, an englishman and a cloggy (read dutchman.)

Cheers,
SB

One other thing of note on the Luna. Notice the dedicated daylight filter on the pop open lense cover. This will allow you to sight in during daylight hours and also allow you to use the gun in daylight if required.

I think this is another way that the Luna outclassed the ATN, where you actually get more scope for your money. Yeah the case isn't as sexy as the pelican type case you get with the ATN, but at the end of the day you've paid for optics; not neat trinkets and some optics. My two cents worth and I'll shut up now!

I hope this helps you guys out with your decisions.
Luna_daylight_filter.jpg

Last edited:
While I like the image of the Luna NV scope, and it is nearly identical to my MK410. There is a major price difference between the Luna model you show and the MK390 which you reference.

Myself, I have the MK410 and it suits me pretty good and the image is clear. But with that said, it does have the fish eye effect if you move the scope alot scanning etc. I couldn't tell if the Luna has that. I would guess that the Luna was easier to photo due to the eye relief cap difference. and frankly, the photo job of the 390 wasn't that great. Either the scope or the camera is badly out of focus.

Another error in the post is about the ATN not being able to sight in during daylight. This is false, the cap attached to the scope has a pinhole that allows daylight sighting.

Never the less, if I step up any farther on the scale for this type of vision. I will just get a thermal scope and be done with it. Then I will have MUCH more versatility in tracking, finding and taking predators. I have it on Good authority that the price of thermal will come down pretty good in the next 2-3 years.

Last edited:
I HAD THE 410 SPARTAN MY FRIEND, ACTUALLY I HAD 2 AND THEY WERE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE LUNA AS FAR AS BRIGHTNESS AND CLARITY.BUT MAYBE I HAD 2 DEFECTIVE ONE'S? WHO KNOWS..

Originally Posted By: AxmanI HAD THE 410 SPARTAN MY FRIEND, ACTUALLY I HAD 2 AND THEY WERE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE LUNA AS FAR AS BRIGHTNESS AND CLARITY.BUT MAYBE I HAD 2 DEFECTIVE ONE'S? WHO KNOWS..

unsure.gif
I can only go by what you posted for photos and what I have seen with mine.
wink.gif
The reticle is more defined on the luna, but my spartan is plenty good for what I use it for in respects to G1 equipment. I prefer the fine lines of the crosshairs and the brightness controls of the crosshair on the MK410. On the other hand, the illuminator is not that good that is with it, but I use it to get them close and then use my Predator light with an IR filter as well.
I do like the cap on the Luna as well infavor of the slip on that I have.

Even still the MK410 was $599, I am glad to hear that the Fish eye is not present on the Luna, but why is that. Is it a Digital imager or Optic? If they are that good, I will try one out.

Last edited:
My scope has them weird little a,b,c camera batteries..I have had mine for over 1 and half going on 2 and have used the crap out of mine and i still have the same batteries in it.One for the scope and one for the adjustable laser IR system 2 total..

You have to get a quote from Troy on here or blindhuntersupply wants to have a group buy on the scope and that will bring the price down..

Back