Anybody used or looked thru a LUNA LN-PRS40?

I see a couple references to the fact that the Luna maybe nicer but it cost alot more, really? You can pick up a Luna for less than $100 difference from ATN's competing model, looking at the above pics, those extra dollars are more than justified plus the little differences in features the Luna offers is just another bonus. If you add any Extended Range IR's or Laser Illuminators to the Luna, it'll hold it's own with some of the Gen 2+ stuff out there, now the price becomes a steal!

Quote:[/quote]I would guess that the Luna was easier to photo due to the eye relief cap difference. and frankly, the photo job of the 390 wasn't that great. Either the scope or the camera is badly out of focus.
The eye cup does help with the fish eye effect...I have never really noticed it and i am constantly scanning with it..My friend said he did have it out of focus (The ATN) for most of the shot's due to it having 2 focal ring's and it being super pain in the butt to focus.The Luna is a snap to focus..He did say the last picture with full IR on it was focused..

It is a optic...Sorry i forgot to answer that sooner my bad..They use really good glass and new tube's...All my military buddies who have used military stuff like me seen the Spartan's i had and then the Luna and hand's down they all said the Luna out classed it in every way..

Sure, I agree on spending the money. I would be interested in the group buy and I would like to review them side by side.

Forgive my confusion, but you mentioned the laser as an option. Is the laser simply an Infrared pointer like the Crimson trace etc, or is it a wide dispersion beam to cut through fog etc?

Last edited:
Back