Surprise, it wasn't a coyote.

Took a client out recently to call in some coyotes and do some filming for the video. The storm had the coyotes on lock-down for the day but we still managed to call up a predator of sorts. He came in charging the FOXPRO playin bay bee cottontail at about 40 seconds on stand. Needless to say, my client was thrilled about killing his first badger. Big ol' male too!

P10300302.jpg

Good Hunting! Tom Austin

Originally Posted By: sagehunterGood Job. I had one cahse me deer hunting 2 yrs ago. mean little critters

Welcome to the board sagehunter, I spent 2.5 years working up at Mtn. Home Air Force base. I love the country around there, for calling anyway!

Nice job! I would like to shoot one of those. I was walking with my wife a few years ago on the black top where we lived and I seen something off the side of the road moving the grass around so I walked through the tall grass in my flip flops to see what it was and when I got about 10 ft. from it I realized what it was A BADGER! Never have seen it again.

Cool stuff!!!I've never called one in before but I've tryed a few times.I saw two badgers in two days a few weeks ago.A week later I got a chance at another one and busted it.The one I ended up shootin did something I've never seen one do before.It actually ran towards me instead of away from me.It would stomp its front feet every once in a while too.I dont know what its problem was but my .223 solved it.

I come across them all the time on the ranch and have never had one do anything but run away from me. I've even gotten off my ATV and chased 'em around on foot trying to get them irate and all they do is musk the air and run.

Then again, Chuck Norris calls me "sir".
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: NM_HighPlains
smile.gif

LOL, HighPlains! That's funny stuff right there. Every single badger that I've killed was coming right for me. I even rolled a badger two times with #6 bird shot from the 12 gauge at less than 20 yards while hunting Chukar's one day and he continued to advance on me. Mean little critters. Amazing low center of gravity too. Here's one I took with my .204 Ruger. Beautiful Predators!

November07003.jpg

15023106.jpg

Tom Austin

Originally Posted By: NM_HighPlains
smile.gif

lol.gif
That's great.
My wife gave me a Chuck Norris calender as part of my Christmas.
Today's quote: "There is safety in numbers, but no number can protect you from the wrath of Chuck Norris."

Nice badger-I've managed to get five in the last two years. two with a .22 while gopher shootin' and three with my 22-250 while walking to calling stands. Solid little buggers and tough but boy can they trash a pasture.

Originally Posted By: OKRattlerThe one I ended up shootin did something I've never seen one do before.It actually ran towards me instead of away from me.It would stomp its front feet every once in a while too.I dont know what its problem was but my .223 solved it.

A couple of years ago I was hunting in Wyoming for Mule Deer, and I had one do the same thing to me. It would charge towards me for about 5 feet then squall or growl and stomp his front feet, then charge forward another 5 feet or so and stomp and carry on again. Mean little sumbeach, really pretty though. He had a brown tint to him. I didn't shoot him. The ranch said he would have liked me to. I guess I never thought to shoot him, that was the first one I ever saw in the wild.

Back