rawlins wyo contest?

Originally Posted By: lovic78You don't want to win the Rock Springs competition to many times or even place. I guess they kicked out the winners of the last one because they won in November also, took second and won one last year. The Davidson's run it and I guess they don't like getting beat. Pretty sad, I won't be attending anymore of theirs after hearing that.

Thats a fact. I can verify that speaking from experience. We had issues 3 years ago when we beat him by 1 dog, and have not been invited back since. The problem I have with his contests are 1. Same issue you brought up. 2. He has too many contests.(The dogs are getting wise around here.) 3. His first one is usually had before the fur is any good. Sounds like we need to get together and hunt!

wyoyote222,

Drop me a email and I'll make sure you get an "invite", no one has not been invited because their winning to much or because they beat Davidson Brothers. Dr Davidson hasn't won a contest since 07 so there would be a lot of people who weren't getting invites. You make it sound like we have formal invitations, we don't. If you've done the contest before your invited. Dr Davidson doesn't even do the invitations so you can blame me for not getting one

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lovic78You don't want to win the Rock Springs competition to many times or even place. I guess they kicked out the winners of the last one because they won in November also, took second and won one last year. The Davidson's run it and I guess they don't like getting beat. Pretty sad, I won't be attending anymore of theirs after hearing that.

Could you fill us in on the details? I know for a fact that no one has been kicked out because the have won. People have been kicked out for not following the rules. It is made very clear that if you dont follow the rules you will be kicked out. So please fill us in on why they were kicked out, and we will see if your stort matches the Davidsons!

I got the story second hand so I don't know all the "details" but I guess some other teams in the contest were upset because one of the guys was a government trapper and I know the other guy and he is a solid honest guy. Just think its BS if thats what happened.

I don't think I would personally do the contest again anyway. Dispite the problems last time, I am kind of leaning away from the contests due to the fact that they are killing the good hunting for the rest of the season.
I have been out probably 10 times since the early december contest and havn't called a dog 1. I know the size of the last contest was huge and they are either killing a lot of dogs or just flat out educating them.

Every body has opinions, but it is pretty bad to bash a person on a board they are not even members of without facts. The Davidsons put on a top notch contest. I cant speak for them but I would bet that dont really care whether you or anyone else enters. There were people turned away at the last contest due to trying to keep the number of teams down. I am sure the ones that were turned away will be glad you guys dont enter as they will be able to.

Last edited:
I am not trying to "bash" anyone. Like you said, just stating my opinions. I don't know the Davidson's personally and I agree that they put on a good contest. Maybe just limiting the size would help the hunting in the area. I think we can all agree it was better before word got out on his contests. Maybe the instance we had three years ago was a misunderstanding or a communication problem. Not meaning to intentionally bash someone. Sorry if I offended.

I agree with Dustballs, There is a lot of misinformation out there. Its better to ask someone that knows before starting rumors or making accusations. Any questions concerning the RS contest can be addressed to me.

70 teams, some have 3 people teams so about 140 to 150 people in the contest. Someone is not going to be happy. It is impossible to please everyone.

Back