rawlins wyo contest?

Entry fee is $50 per man. The check in is the night before the hunt at 7:00pm and the day of the hunt at 7:00pm. They paid 6 places at the last one as well as a payout for big dog and little dog. There was close to 70 teams last weekend. There is one planned for December and another one for January. By the way, 6 dogs won it and the little dog was 9 lb! All in all the hunt is pretty well run and the rules discourage cheating. They also give away a ton of door prizes. 3 rifles and a WT caller were some of the bigger ones last weekend.

Not too sure they will be letting new people in. Might be worth a check but I think they were going to try and thin it out to 60 teams next time. Not wanting to get it too big. By the way that 9 pound little dog was mine! Made for a good day.

awe man i thought it was last weekend but never knew for sure tell now.
i'd have went just to meet some of the guys.
guess calling might be tough tomorrow but i'm going anyhow.

oh sweet I don't know of many people that hunt that from this side. hopefully this storm doesn't blow you out. I still have area 7 elk tags to fill. So not sure which way to go, all the elk seem to be on private now with the storms we've had earlier

i still got a area 19 type 1 i have to wait tell December then go shoot a cow.{Elvis avoided me}
I'm burned out on big game and am looking forward to shooting all comers
i shot a whitetail doe last weekend with my area 12 any white tail tag just so i can get on to coyotes.
that reminds me i got some butchering to do tomorrow too

you sound like me, I couldn't get it done with me bow, so I'm over all the people. I kinda like the nice weather for bow season. Yeah i'm thinking bout just shooting a cow too.

I was up there calling coyotes Mon.-Wed. before the hunt. Figured I'd beat the crowds! LOL!! Had several really good wind days and put 11 in the truck. Saw 36 total!! All but 1 that were shot had great hair. The one had some mange on his legs and belly. Only 1 of the 11 was a pup so don't know what to make of that. Either lots of older coyotes or not very many pups.

The rock springs contest has been bigger than the nationals for 3 years. 70 teams this year. The big difference between the two contests is the Rock Springs contest does not allow hunting private property so everyone is playing on a level field. You can hunt private it just can't be posted, and if you hunt it everyone in the contest has to be able to hunt it.
The contest is full thou so maybe next year we'll be doing the nationals

Originally Posted By: wyoyotebuster1The rock springs contest has been bigger than the nationals for 3 years. 70 teams this year. The big difference between the two contests is the Rock Springs contest does not allow hunting private property so everyone is playing on a level field. You can hunt private it just can't be posted, and if you hunt it everyone in the contest has to be able to hunt it.
The contest is full thou so maybe next year we'll be doing the nationals

there was over 125 teams at the world last year. these contests are fun.

You don't want to win the Rock Springs competition to many times or even place. I guess they kicked out the winners of the last one because they won in November also, took second and won one last year. The Davidson's run it and I guess they don't like getting beat. Pretty sad, I won't be attending anymore of theirs after hearing that.

yeah that is pretty sad. I think I remember Delman telling me something about that. It would sure be nice if the Nationals got some sponsors and get some more good door prizes and $.

Back