Best all around rifle?

stomper

I hunt all types of animals.What is the best all around rifle you can get? Which rifle is the best for versitility.

Well i want to buy a gun that i can hunt predator and deer with. Is there a gun that you can buy rounds made for varmit and rounds made for deer. Im looking for a gun that can "do it all".

if you throw game larger than deer into the mix, 30-06 is hard to beat as an all-arounder. For deer and smaller, 243 will serve you well........

Depends what you want. Do you want a lightweight calling rifle or a standard weight "deer rifle". Either can double as both........

Remington Model 7s are nice, and handy in the deer woods also. Weatherby Vanguard carbine is nice also. Howa Ranchland. If money is no issue, Sako Finnlight.

You'll get lots of opinions. These are the rifles on the actions that I like. I don't do CZ, Tikka, or Savage, as many here do, although I've no problem with Savage........

Yeah, I'd say a Savage is a pretty good choice for a low-cost and accurate rifle. If you post in the classifieds here, you might even find a good deal on one.
I'd personally buy it new, but that's just me.

Last edited:
I have to agree with everyone on the .243 best all around. Caliber. And the newer model Savage is terrific. That 30-06 will kick the mule team into the next county and is good under certain condition, but far from best all around. In fact of all the rifles in my safe, the 30-06 sees the least time of day. But for long long shots, she delivers.

Back