This week's hunt....Check out this cat!

TonyTebbe

I just finished up a hunt with a Kirk Mckendree, a fellow PM'r from PA, this week. He wanted a chance at a good cat, then experience some daytime coyote action. We started out in TX with some nightime calling for cats and a few coyotes. Responses were few and far between, but we kept afer it. We called up 2 cats, but little did I know we'd get him this cat! It sure made the prior 15 blank stands worth it...

kirkcat2.jpg

kirkcat1.jpg

Usually, you'll get one or the other (pretty or big), but this tom had it all. We didn't have a scale (need to buy one), but I can tell you it was HORSE! Kirk shoots a Tactical 20 and it performed great on this cat. Tiny entrance with no exit...on a broadside shot!

We headed to NM and spent a couple days focussing on coyotes. Called 30, seen 3 others, lost a couple, and ended up with 13 on the fur rack. Made for alot of memories and skinning. Caught most the daytime action on video as a bonus.

kirkbigtxdog1.jpg

kirkfinaltxmale1.jpg

Gunner decoyed this triple. All mature males with great fur.
gunnertriple2.jpg

Nice female from a triple that came charging in. The other two turned tail and didn't stop well over the next ridge.
kirklastyote1.jpg

A great morning! A quick pic, before spending our lunch hour skinning.
kirkdaytime1.jpg

On top of getting such a big cat, he got this hog of a NM coyote.
kirkbigdog1.jpg

Thought I'd share...

Tony

That might be the biggest Bobcat I have ever seen.
Glad to see you guys doing so well, I took my son and his friend out last weekend and made 3 dry stands.

That is the prettiest big bobcat I have ever seen anywhere! WOW! With a hunt like that I would expect he would be writing a check for a deposit for next year before he left.

Beautiful cat, and that coyote in the last photo sure is a bigun' A really nice coat for NM in early Nov.
Congratz and thanks for sharing the photos!

Wow that cat is amazing Tony.

Congrats to you for calling it and your buddy for taking it down.

That is a cat worthy of a mount in my opinion. Once in a lifetime baby right there.

Congrats again.

Dang,ya'll laid the smack down on some critters no doubt about it.Good Job!!!
I agree with kodiak61 that cat would be on its way to the taxidermist if I got lucky enough to shoot one like that.Thats a nice one.

Back