This week's hunt....Check out this cat!

What a cat!!!!

shocked.gif

Tony, is a class act and the real deal for sure. I had a great hunt and the bobcat is definitely in the top two of my best cats of all time both for size and fur. The triple was awesome as well. Great calling, shooting and decoy doggin on that one. It doesn't get any better when things are coming together like they did on this hunt. Definitely a hunt to remember. I will be in touch Tony. My best to you and your family. Time to clean the barrel of the Tactical 20 and get ready for some late night PA calling.

Kirk McKendree

Tony,

Great story and what an extra-nice cat that is.

15 blank stands to get to this trophy--that's stickin' with it.

Nice work,

Mark Healy

Thanks all. I just did the handcalling. It was Kirk's stand discpline and good shooting that put that much fur on the ground. The farthest shot was 142 yards and the closest....9 yards. I believe he is now hooked on daytime calling.
smile.gif

The cat was tube skinned with paws intact. No pelt damage whatsoever, but I believe he is going to get it tanned...not mounted. He has quite a few cat mounts already. I don't know what it weighed Connie, but if I were to take any guess, I'd have to say 32-38 lbs. Not sure, but you can bet I'm going to buy a darn scale! Most of the coyotes were skinned and either went home with Kirk or living in my freezer.

It was a great hunt and like all my others, one that I won't soon forget. I believe you'll be seeing some scenes from it on a video in the future.
wink.gif

Congrats Kirk.

Tony

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeYes it is Jason. I've got 203,000 miles on the Expedition and still going strong. Drinks a bit of oil, but that's it.

Tony

WOW! 203k miles and still going strong. When you coming back home?

In Christ,

Song Dog

Quote:When you coming back home?

My guiding season has been booked solid so far, I don't expect that I'd make it back to Illinois for quite a long time Jason. At least a year or so.

Tony

You guys are killing me. My prioritys have been jacked up for the last couple weeks due to deer season. Got one on the ground on thursday, so it's back to the important stuff.
Critters with tooth and claw......
That cat was sweet, but I'm drooling over the coyotes....

Back