WT vs. FoxPro Observation

Forget the wind? Could you explain further?
It is a special scent killer.
You can take a onion cut it in half.
Spray this on the onion and take a wiff.
No union smell.
This stuff isnt like the stuff that you buy at the box stores.

I say BS if you think anyone has a magic potion that will elminate any human odor from a coyotes nose! We can't smell remotely close to a coyotes olfaactory ability so a product that can neutralize skunk or onion is a far cry from breaking down the molecular structure of human odor!

Many companies have made tall claims but no one is making anything in a spary that " eliminates human smell". Unless you want to walk around in a 100% plastic covered bag with very small pours.

If this spray is so great you have to market the magic potion and make millions and millions from hunters of all walks and then gurantee 100% OR TRIPLE YOUR MONEY BACK!

If any wild canine or ungulate bust you becuase of smell LOL! You can't as your body in many areas is shedding cells and those cells have odor!

Here is my point of view. I have had just about every E-caller out there. 45 record, 8 track, Cassette tapes and new Digital players WT, MO, PM, LM, FP, and others and many types of hand calls.
Here is what is important to me.
A. Good clean / clear sounds.
B. A E-caller that is lightweight / loud simple to use.
C. A remote with good range and works every time I push any button.
D. Good batteries life lasting more than one full day of calling (12 to 18 stands)
E. And last of all ONE that I can put all of my sounds on and use them when I want to. I have over 400 sounds around 50 good coyote sounds, over 50 rabbit / bird sounds and about 50 other prey type sounds.
Than I have Crow, Turkey. Etc. Etc.
Here is my reason for having all my good sounds on one unit. I LIKE TO CALL COYOTE.
I have less 10 private landowners to call on. This gives me about 25 stands total and they are about 250 miles apart. So I have to call on a lot of Walk-in and State land where a lot of other coyote callers also call.
I like to get up early and make a full day of it. IF I HAD ONLY sounds from ONE Company. I would have a hard time calling a full day because I call the same land four or five times a year. Some times I call the same stand twice a day. And I have got coyotes to come in both time lots of the times.
Remember I call a lot of walk-in and state land that are called by others a lot. So I must use a lot of different sounds to get this done. Using different sounds and calling style’s gets the most coyotes for me. I use the remote for all my calling sequences going up and down on the volume and changing sounds and long and short periods of silence. I have shot over 75 coyotes a year myself and with my buddies we have shot over a 100. Most years I get over 35 coyotes myself and I most always call with a partner or two and the do get a few also.
Until the last few years it was hard to have a E-caller that did this, but I tried hard to made it work.
I am a very Happy Camper (Caller) because I got a New E-caller this year that does all of the above. Been field-testing it for two months and never found one fault with it just a great E-caller.
My first outing of the season was last week made 12 stands, called in 8 coyote, all singles shot at 4 and got 4. Tall grass and weeds made it hard to get shots at the other coyote along with dove shooters scaring off the coyote two times.

Quote:I like to get up early and make a full day of it. IF I HAD ONLY sounds from ONE Company. I would have a hard time calling a full day because I call the same land four or five times a year. Some times I call the same stand twice a day. And I have got coyotes to come in both time lots of the times.

I was out with a friend calling one day last winter and we worked a group of coyotes most of the mourning with my WT and ended up getting two out of the group. and then i came back the next day and called a double from same group and took one. Just down the road we worked a group several times in a three day period and i was still able to come in on my last day of the trip and pull another coyote in and this was all done with the WT and a hand-full of sounds...
If you think you need 200 sounds to bring coyotes in then go for it but i've found you don't need that many...
All of last winter i worked alot of the same coyotes. dureing the start i was calling in mostly thriples and i would take the easey shot first and never got a second shot or i would just pass on the other two and come back later and call remaining two in and take one out of the two and then return again at end of day or next mourning and take the third and on some i came back in a week or so and cleaned them up...
This area i call in is called by other hunters all season plus there are two or three calling contests going on dureing the year. I had one little ranch that was called by 3 teems and i came in a week later and took two coyotes out of this ranch and again with the WT and a handfull of sounds that came with it...
This is why i keep saying you don't need a down-loadable caller, just learn to use the sounds you have the right way and youre success will go up..
When dealing with wiser coyotes the sounds need to be perfect and of actuall animals...

When it comes to human odors there are two types of coyotes. One type will turn tail and run back the way it came when a human scent is detected. The other type of coyote is the one that could care less who it smells it just wants what is doing all the screaming or howling.. The problem is both types of coyotes look the same so you don't know which one it is so you have to set up and assume they will all turn tail and run off if they scent you. I can honestly say that not all coyotes fear the human scent so if someone says a coyote came in to his caller and did'nt run off because of the human scent i would believe that person...
As for the coyote that came out of the sunflowers or was it a corn field, (it dosen't matter) with a plane over head two things come to mind...
One the sound of the plane dose'nt bother the coyote or the sound is echoing through the field and driveing the coyote out into the open.
Two: the coyote is more interested in whats makeing all that screaming or howling..
So i would say you both are right with youre statements posted up above..
What i've been taught is all coyotes are individuals and some may act the same and some may do something just the oppisite or different, i would say coyotes are like a big box of chocolates and you never know what you'll get..LOL

Last edited:
Well heck Chet. After all that you forgot to mention that your caller of choice is FP.
wink.gif

I really do wish somebody with a FP model that uses the FHSS stuff lived near me so I could see for myself if it is actually reliable. I'd buy a CS24 if it would work reliably for me.

Al, Chet, ADC, Foxpro, anybody want to send me a caller to try out? hehehe

I say BS if you think anyone has a magic potion that will elminate any human odor from a coyotes nose! We can't smell remotely close to a coyotes olfaactory ability so a product that can neutralize skunk or onion is a far cry from breaking down the molecular structure of human odor!

Many companies have made tall claims but no one is making anything in a spary that " eliminates human smell". Unless you want to walk around in a 100% plastic covered bag with very small pours.

If this spray is so great you have to market the magic potion and make millions and millions from hunters of all walks and then gurantee 100% OR TRIPLE YOUR MONEY BACK!

If any wild canine or ungulate bust you becuase of smell LOL! You can't as your body in many areas is shedding cells and those cells have odor!

First of all I didnt say that this spray will completely cover human scent.
But it helps.
Also if this spray is so good why not market it.
HE DOES!
He came up with this stuff(a chemist) and sales rights to all the companys who sale it but the forala is alittle different or something like that.
Everyone knows you cant fool a coyotes nose or any dog.
How does a eagle know which way the rabit went on a scent trail? His nose!
Since you seem to know everything I cant believe you have never heard of "Forget the wind".
And when these coyotes came to the call and howled they came from up wind,stood there howled then got down wind and died.
How home when someone says something you add stuff to what he says?
NON BELIEVERS are the nieve ones.
like I said just because it hasnt happened to you dont mean It cant happen.
But you already have it made up that it cant.
What sounds do you think I was playing when these coyotes did this? Come on use your head!

Quote:but i do have a ? for you tim, you are always talking about working those groups of coyotes and going out howling and locating at night but you posted one time that you finally got one called in after somethink like 200 dry stands, now if yours works so good why did it take so long, you should have known they where there because they howled back and if you set up right sounds like they should always come in, what gives?
Trapper2: First off i hunt or call coyotes in two different areas, most of my calling is done in S.D., been doing it there since 1985 plus a few other states off and on.
We did'nt get coyotes here in my area (Mn.) till the late 80's most of my calling at home was for Red fox..
We don't have alot of cover in my area and what we do have is along creeks and vacant groves and in the last 4-5 yrs. are now seeing alot more areas with CRP, other than that everything is plowed under..In my home area we hunt coyotes mostly due to low population, alot of pressure and more than you could possably imagine.. I can go north or west and even farther east and call some coyotes in but if i have to drive more than a 100 miles i'd rather go to S.D. and call since there are more coyotes to make it worth my while..
Through the years i have picked the brains of alot of successfull callers and found that i'm doing the same as them so there was nothing wrong with my calling or stand selection and so on, the coyotes here are just that tough to call...
Yes as of last year i did alot of nite time locateing but instead of going in to try and call them we just went in and hunted them done.. I spend more time than most people studying my coyotes trying to figure them out and have come up with a few things. Some of my coyotes are spending there days in a hole or culvert or very close by any sign of danger and they pop down into there hole or into a pipe. Most of the sections here are one square mile with a few home-steads on each mile section.
I know my area and where most of the coyotes are dureing the winter months and now by locateing in the summer i know where they like to den and hang out this time of year and found they are in the same area as winter or only a mile away.. So i know i'm calling in the right area and found that the coyotes are not hearing me call due to being under ground or they are to affraid to come in..Each area holds a family group so there may not be any terr. lines to defend and since there is plenty to eat they are willing to share with others from the same group so i'm not going to get a terr. response or a food response...And since there is so much pressure from other hunters being around for 4-5 months hunting deer and pheasants most are not going to respond out of curiosity...
Most every farm has some type of dog and most are on the big side so this may install some fear in the coyotes also..
I've talked with other pro ADC guys and none of them really have a answer to why my coyotes don't respond like in other parts of the state all they can do i guess....
Well like you may have read somewhere i have been doing alot more locateing this summer and yes most of the coyotes are in the same sections as years before but this year i will add a new twist i will locate in the early A.M. so i know exactly where they are and then will set up and try one last time to call them in. Since i willbe locateing in the early mourning i may only have time for one or two stands and will have to wait for another stand the following mourning. The coyotes don't respond to howling in the day time here like they do out west so number of stands is limited...
As for the one coyote you mentioned that i called in at home here.. It was done the spring before last and when it did come in i just took some pic.s. I went back to this same spot this spring and set up and used the exact same sounds and called it in again or think it was the same one.. I've called this same area for some time useing two other E-callers and never had a coyote respond, even tried hand calls.. The first time i called this coyote in it was when i first got my WT and the sounds i used i won't say but i know from looking at the F-P site they don't have the sound that i needed to bring the coyote in..
When i'm calling out west i will addmitt that my other callers i have will call coyotes in but not all of them will come in to one of those callers.. Since i have switched to the WT and learned how to present the sounds properly i have fewer coyotes that i can't call in.. When a friend of mine told me i should switch over to a WT i was a little skeptical about doing so, thinking a E-caller is a E-caller plus the WT was a little spendy.. I was able to watch my friends caller work abunch of coyotes and i new right then they are different so i made the big leap and bought one and called my first at home coyote in and i have also doubled my success out west calling (
Have fewer coyotes walking away..)
As for my coyotes i will be hitting them as soon as some of the beans are out, i will locate prior to stand set up so i know i'm calling to a coyote thats still out and about and will see if i can get them in.. If not its no big deal i will just come back when the snow flys and hunt them down..
On another note i did two serveys on the great white north thread. I asked other members that lived close to my area how they where doing on calling in coyotes dureing the day time from the replys i got know one else was doing so good and one guy that responded said he called in a few.. This guy don't know me but i know who he was and as far as i know he hunts them like everyone else here so i would have to call BS on his response..

Forget The Wind
Distributed by

EwdardsEnvironmental Corp.
2601 NW Expressway,Ste 101E
OklahomaCity Ok 73112

(405) 843 3431
Call him up and talk about.
Heck of a nice guy

TA17rem
All I can say is, your a better caller than I am cause, I am using the same sounds you use. They work well for me also.
But not so well that I know I am calling the same pack and shooting them and then calling them back within 24 hours time after time again and shooting at them each. Maybe my coyote are just smarter. Any way sounds like you like coyote calling as much as I do. I have tried calling all the ways I can think of and mixing sounds seems to work the best for me and the area I call in. I truly only use about 10 sounds coyote calling, but when they aren't working. I will come back to that stand couple hours later and use some totaly different sounds and do get coyotes to come in. I bought two New E-callers this year both built around the 10 watt toa speaker. I know which one I will be using because I can have all my sounds on it and is it ever loud and clear with a really good working remote, what a great little unit.

Quote:Most live in a coyote rich area.. As most know if you call in a area with high numbers you are gonna have some good luck just calling in any ol coyote with any type of hand call or electric, [beeep] even a green-horn will call a few..

Tim- Isn't it true you blanked in AZ?

Just wonderin.

My first trip to AZ i called with two other hunters and we took turns calling and we called in a total of 8 coyotes that mourning. All three of us used handcalls by the way...

Ah, the first trip.

Let me be more specific and see if it jostles your memory. Isn't it true you blanked in AZ when you came out a few days prior to an organized gathering with the purpose of 'cleaning out these AZ coyotes?" Just wondering?

Pertaining to the topic at hand. My responses will cover a few comments from the thread. I understand WT has a new caller coming out in a few weeks. Should be interesting to see what Bill has designed as he always is working to be on the cutting edge. With the popularity of the CS24 and the public thrashing his caller took on the FB site I am interested to see what emerges. I was out with a WT rep the other day and heard first hand how great the WT sounds are. GameTraks also uses frequency hopping technology similar to the newer FP callers. It's a great advancement in electronic caller technology.

I attended Gary [beeep]'s electronic caller seminar 1 week ago at a local AZ Predator Callers meeting. His objective findings and analytical were quite surprising and eye opening.

Last edited:
Hyperwrx,

Concerning that e-caller seminar you speak of. In your opinion what were a couple of the most surprising or eye opening things that really made an impression on ya?

What e-callers were there and being shown?

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesHyperwrx,

Concerning that e-caller seminar you speak of. In your opinion what were a couple of the most surprising or eye opening things that really made an impression on ya?

What e-callers were there and being shown?

Thanks.

The callers tested were the Foxpro Fury & CS-24, WT 2030MS, Kanati CX-1H, MAD Big Country Bandit. The WT could not be tested in all areas because the test tones could not be loaded onto the unit.

Gary [beeep]'s comparison is online its its entirety on the PredatorWild.com forum. For some reason that forum is down at the moment. When it comes up I recommend you read his post as I can't do it justice here.

At the beginning all the callers are covered with a thin fabric so you can't tell which caller is where. Sound files are played and audience rates the best sounding call from the best to the worst. Cover is raised and everyone looks at their top picks. Gary then goes through all the callers focusing on 1 aspect after another such as caller peak volume, batteries used, caller clarity, and components used. He talks about each companies sound libraries and their customer service. It was a very informative seminar and he doesn't attempt to sway the listeners to one company over another.

Unfortunately he only tested electronic callers that incorporate a horn speaker so the GameTraks was not included in his comparison. In the future I'm sure Gary will get his hands on a GameTraks and it will be put under a microscope as well.

As I said once the PredatorWild.com forum gets up and running go check it out. You'll find some of the results surprising.

forget the wind is not a something I'm interested in, like scent lok and the other do-da's. I set up so I don't have to worry about them winding me a high% of the time that is a method I know works.

Sure I could spend 200.00 in scent lok clothing but same scenario, well nothing can keep a coyote from smelling you but it can help yadda yadda. So if I have to setup anyhow to keep the majority of coyotes from smelling me why do I need the clothing or spray or cover scents on the market?

Research has shown a visual stimuli be it a decoy in motion or a real denning dog will have coyotes forget the wind and make the quickest approach, but again that don't work on all coyotes so I choose to setup in the best position to bring the coyotes to me with the wind in my advantage the best thing about and E caller in the first place.

Many products can help but I rather would use the wind to my advantage!

Originally Posted By: ADCcoyote

Research has shown a visual stimuli be it a decoy in motion or a real denning dog will have coyotes forget the wind and make the quickest approach, but again that don't work on all coyotes so I choose to setup in the best position to bring the coyotes to me with the wind in my advantage the best thing about and E caller in the first place.

I don't doubt you but can you show me your research on what you speak of above? It would be interesting to read.

Back