WT vs. FoxPro Observation

yep yotecallr nothing like compairing apples to bananna's LOL.Once again he takes a speaker with much larger surface area and tries to compair it to one with a smaller surface area.So the volume test was not real impressing.

The country song test well not knowing the in's and out's on amplifiers and all that I will admit the sound of the song did sound better through his "new" speaker but do we know all the underlying factors? Meaning what amp and sound goody's does he have in this caller? Why use a country song versus a coyote howl or rabbitt in distress? After all are we looking to make american idol or call coyotes?

One thing I have found funny is he No longer advertises the TOA caller? WHy not have the TOA caller and the atom? Let people decide? Why did he never discount the revealing facts Fox Pro posted on their TOA unit versus his? His test have always compaired different speakers and not those of the same size and power? Could he have tested the CS-24 versus the new atom? Yet he chose to test the smaller versus larger speaker?

Turboranger what are the dimensions of this new caller? Length,width and height?

Why not test his own TOA caller up against his new Atom? Showing again the differance between the 3 or 4 units? The WT toa, FP cs-24,the atom and the fury? A test or study is only as good as the variables and compairions one injects into it.

Again if you want to use the "atom" great but compairing a 15-21 volt system to a 12 volt is that really a true test? Asking as I'm not a sound engineer?
We all use what we think works best for our situations and things evolve and that is good for the people who buy the product! Choices are great!

I also find it odd in his rambelings on 24 bit versus 16 bit? He says all his are 24 bit and FP doesn't have any true 24 bit sounds, then he challanges anyone to tell the differance between the 2? Why does he then promote all 24 bit and downplay FP as not having any true 24 bit sounds if it means little and is a marketing ploy? It seems like rambing to me?

Last edited:
ADCcoyote,
Good points you make, and I too wonder why just the Fury was used. What does the Snow Crow Pro look like on that volume comparison test? How about a Fury with FR1 speaker plugged in? And whatever happened to the other manufacturers getting in on this test by WT (Minaska, Kanati, JS, Primos, Gametraks)? Why was FoxPro individually picked out by WT, and none of the other companies?
Here are a few other observations I've noted about the Mighty Atom vs. their prior KAS2030MS model. The old KAS-2030MS model was still "3 to 5 times louder" and you didn't have to run 15 to 21 volts to get that apparently. You could get 3 to 5 times louder with a simple 10 AA batery pack. The old TOA based model also had a better frequency response (315Hz-12.5kHz), whereas the Atom is only (300Hz-10.5kHz) Plus, the new Atom is all ABS, whereas the TOA's were a durable aluminum speaker with only the cap being ABS. Major downgrade for -40 temperatures. WT even said that the old TOA speakers were absolutely the best speaker for calling applications. Looks like FoxPro and Minaska have the best speakers for calling if you use that reasoning. Why change then? Appears as though the same antenna and wiring with L bracket and I-bolt are used on the Atom. This exposes the wire to flexing, which will crack and break on users. The KAS2030MS model I tested was fairly new and had a broken wire sheath on it.
The new claim on their website is that they set the sampling frequency and bit depth to match the speaker capability of their systems. So what exactly would that Frequency and Bit Depth be for the Mighty Atom? Is the explanation on the WT website a justification for prior models being less than advertised? Mighty Atom is still not a programmable caller (or not advertised as such), so users can't drop a 24bit/48kHz/96kHz file onto it and see if it'll actually play the sound. I'm sure the new Atom sounds good, and I'm not trying to knock the WT callers too hard, but why is this product better than the prior model? Where does a person buy a 14 AA battery holder for that MA-21 model? 18.5 Li-Ion packs are $86 a piece and even then you won't be getting the true 21 volt potential out of your Atom. I'm just questioning the advertising and information put out by WT. My recommendation would be to get the prior KAS2030MS model since it's as loud, weighs less, is more durable and has better frequency response. Same remote, so nothing gained there. You get less sounds on the MA-15 too for the same price that the KAS2030MS was going for (50 sounds on KAS2030MS, vs. 40 sounds on the MA-15), so another strike there too. Pretty easy decision if I were searching for a WT. Look for somebody selling an older 2030MS model (Allpredatorcalls) has a $100 discount going on them now too, so there's an option.

Originally Posted By: Ursus21Between now and this spring when I buy a FP CS-24, I'm hoping to find a disgruntled WT owner with a programable caller.
wink.gif
Then again if WT releases a super new caller that is equal to, or better than the CS-24 then I'll just buy the WT in stead. Guess I'll see what's available this spring.
smile.gif

I have a programmable model I am selling in the classifieds
smile.gif

Thanks

John

Back