Garth Brooks = TRAITOR!!!

I didn't like Garth to begin with, so nothing has changed.

Pass me a joint and give me Willie!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
Soooo, are you guys going to give up watching all professional sports (baseball, basketball, football ... etc.) because some of the players (probably most of them) support Obama? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Um, ECH, you need to do some work on your analogies...

No, this is NOTHING like professional sports athletes.

Why's that Java?

Glad you asked, I'll tell you!

Country music stars--much like say rifle manufacturers--sell a product to a predominantly conservative market.

Pro sports, on the other hand, are now mostly played by urban-raised blacks--traditional Democrats. We know what they are and they aren't trying to misrepresent themselves.

Now, country music entertainers sing about and embrace a rural, traditionally American traditional values system. Getting drunk, trains, heartache and adultery are common topics of country songs but they typically embrace traditionalism in that the message is usually that straying from the straight and narrow results in sadness, heartache and trouble.

Now, when these musicians, who have portrayed themselves in a certain light until they become so rich that they no longer feel the need to fake it, then come out as libs, the normal reaction of fans is to feel betrayed.

Those stupid Dixie Chicks witches and how their careers evaporated is a classic example of the wrath of the market.

So, that is why country music stars have a higher standard than do pro athletes. BTW, most QB's--ie the most brain taxing position--tend to be Conservatives.

Imagine that.

"Country music stars -- much like rifle manufacturers -- sell a product to a predominantly conservative market."

Perhaps that's true, but I don't think country music stars are falsely portraying themselves to their public as much as their public are mistakenly assuming that their stars embrance the same values as they do. I think that this is true to a large extent whether the star is a Rep / Dem and the fan is the opposite .... when they find out that their hero holds different beliefs from them, they feel betrayed.

BTW, the Dixie Chicks are back on top again. The wrath was short lived and they didn't back down! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have been a Garth fan since I was a little boy. Alot of memories wrapped up in his songs... Time to delete those memories and forget all about that son of a betch.

I can't wait to see the way you guys react when your sons/daughters come home from university or wherever with the special someone to introduce to you and you find out that they are a Dem! LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Of course by that time, Obama may have turned things around to the extent that you are denying that you were ever repubbies in the first place! LMAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
"

BTW, the Dixie Chicks are back on top again. The wrath was short lived and they didn't back down! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

No accounting for taste...

Quote:
I can't wait to see the way you guys react when your sons/daughters come home from university or wherever with the special someone to introduce to you and you find out that they are a Dem! LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Of course by that time, Obama may have turned things around to the extent that you are denying that you were ever repubbies in the first place! LMAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Let's see now, ECH, you have claimed several times to be "Conservative" yet you believe Obasm and his growing government, raising taxes and thereby shrinking our freedoms will somehow 'turn things around,' even though, historically, such an approach has only ever PROLONGED poor economic conditions.

Seems an odd view for a "Conservative' there old buddy!

BTW, my sons hunt, fish, play sports and are very outgoing, outspoken little guys. I doubt too many little Dem chicks will be interested in them when they get old enough to date. I suspect my boys will mostly just attract the little Conservative hotties who like real men (and not metrosexual mice, the way lib chicks do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Quote:

Gee, sure they are, if you call not having a top 10 hit since 2003 "back on top!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Gee, sure they are, if you call not having a top 10 hit since 2003 "back on top!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You kind of remind me of Archie Bunker. Life must be a bitter ride when you carry so much hatred of your fellow man in your heart.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You kind of remind me of Archie Bunker. Life must be a bitter ride when you carry so much hatred of your fellow man in your heart.

Disagreeing with policy and views is hatred ?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What I've read translates to me as pretty bitter and inspired by extreme hostility. If you see something different that's fine by me. Since, I dared say something against the resident Judges of what is right and wrong let me guess what will happen next. First my profile will be viewed and looked at for some ammo to use against me. Then the fact that I'm relatively new will be brought to light and why my view is wrong. Then someone might accuse me of being a 'liberal plant' and the list goes on. A lot of this crap just seems like 5th grade schoolyard bully tactics to me against anyone who might dare to hold to their own thoughts and views.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, that's a pretty silly thing to say just because somebody disagrees with you. In fact, I cannot think of people more bitter and misanthropic than liberals--that is why liberals want to strip freedom and enpower the might of government.

Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbaya

Someones singing lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbayah

Someones laughing, lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbaya

Someones crying, lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbaya

Someones praying, lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbaya

Someones sleeping, lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbaya

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

O.K., please explain how not liking the Dixie chicks, or stating a fact about their "top-10" status reminds you of a racist bigot.

It sounds to me like your looking for a confrontation, in which case I would ask that you take it elsewhere.

Telling someone that you cannot understand their point of view is one thing; however, to say that they remind you of Archie Bunker is a bit much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hey, I apologize for intruding on your crusade java, hopefully you can find it in your heart to forgive. I wish you success on your mission of bringing Garth Brooks and Hannah Montana to their knees. Darn fools didn't know who they messed with when they crossed you.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What I've read translates to me as pretty bitter and inspired by extreme hostility. If you see something different that's fine by me. Since, I dared say something against the resident Judges of what is right and wrong let me guess what will happen next. First my profile will be viewed and looked at for some ammo to use against me. Then the fact that I'm relatively new will be brought to light and why my view is wrong. Then someone might accuse me of being a 'liberal plant' and the list goes on. A lot of this crap just seems like 5th grade schoolyard bully tactics to me against anyone who might dare to hold to their own thoughts and views.

Actually none of that will happen, nobody cares if you agree or disagree with the majority here.

Were that true we wouldn't have good ole ECH, DR, Rimmy and the rest of the regular contrarians that we all know and love.

You only run into trouble here for TOS violations, ie swearing, name-calling, etc.

Make sense?

Your views are welcome here, even if you want to call me "Archie Bunker," lol! I'm a big boy with a thick skin, I can take it pardner, no worries here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

[quote Since, I dared say something against the resident Judges of what is right and wrong let me guess what will happen next. First my profile will be viewed and looked at for some ammo to use against me. Then the fact that I'm relatively new will be brought to light and why my view is wrong. Then someone might accuse me of being a 'liberal plant' and the list goes on. A lot of this crap just seems like 5th grade schoolyard bully tactics to me against anyone who might dare to hold to their own thoughts and views.

Now THERE is a conspiracy you can be proud of! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
[quote Since, I dared say something against the resident Judges of what is right and wrong let me guess what will happen next. First my profile will be viewed and looked at for some ammo to use against me. Then the fact that I'm relatively new will be brought to light and why my view is wrong. Then someone might accuse me of being a 'liberal plant' and the list goes on. A lot of this crap just seems like 5th grade schoolyard bully tactics to me against anyone who might dare to hold to their own thoughts and views.

Now THERE is a conspiracy you can be proud of! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Believe me my friend I've seen it happen many a time when someone who isn't a die hard conservative says something in a political forum on a hunting site.

Java, I do apologize for the A. Bunker comment. If, I have a differing view that I wish to express, I'll be sure to do it in the most amicable way possible. As, I stated I've seen a lot of ugliness expressed towards those with a non Bush or Palin view and am a little used to responding in kind.

"Believe me my friend I've seen it happen many a time when someone who isn't a die hard conservative says something in a political forum on a hunting site."

But have you seen it HERE? Sure were gonna rib a liberal bedwetter a bit; that's what Americans do. You sure won't be banned for having the opinions of one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
"Believe me my friend I've seen it happen many a time when someone who isn't a die hard conservative says something in a political forum on a hunting site."

But have you seen it HERE? Sure were gonna rib a liberal bedwetter a bit; that's what Americans do. You sure won't be banned for having the opinions of one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Sounds good to me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back