The eHarmony Shakedown

azmastablasta

Friday, November 21, 2008
Michelle Malkin :: Townhall.com Columnist
The eHarmony Shakedown
by Michelle Malkin

Congratulations, tolerance mau-mauers: Your shakedown of a Christian-targeted dating website worked. Homosexuals will no longer be denied the inalienable "right" to hook up with same-sex partners on eHarmony. What a landmark triumph for social progress, eh?

New Jersey plaintiff Eric McKinley can now crown himself the new Rosa Parks -- heroically breaking down inhumane barriers to Internet matchmaking by forcing a law-abiding private company to provide services it was never created to provide. "Men seeking men" has now been enshrined with "I have a dream" as a civil rights rallying cry of the 21st century. Bully for you, Mr. McKinley. You bully.

Neil Warren, eHarmony's founder, is a gentle, grandfatherly businessman who launched his popular dating site to support heterosexual marriage. A "Focus on the Family" author with a divinity degree, Warren encourages healthy, lasting unions between men and women of all faiths, mixed faiths or no faith at all.

Don't like what eHarmony sells? Go somewhere else. There are thousands upon thousands of dating sites on the Internet that cater to gays, lesbians, Jews, Muslims, Trekkies, runners, you name it.

No matter. In the name of tolerance, McKinley refused to tolerate eHarmony's right to operate a lawful business that didn't give him what he wanted. He filed a discrimination complaint against eHarmony with the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights in 2005.

To be clear: eHarmony never, ever refused to do business with anyone. The company broke no laws. Their great "sin" was not providing a politically correct service that a publicity-seeking gay plaintiff demanded they provide. For three years, the company battled McKinley's legal shakedown artists -- and staved off other opportunists as well. The dating site had been previously sued by a lesbian looking to force the company to match her up with another woman, and by a married man who ridiculously sought to force the company to find him prospects for an adulterous relationship.

This case is akin to a meat-eater suing a vegetarian restaurant for not offering him a rib-eye, or a female patient suing a vasectomy doctor for not providing her hysterectomy services. But rather than defend the persecuted business, the New Jersey attorney general intervened on behalf of the gay plaintiff and wrangled an agreement out of eHarmony to change its entire business model.

The company agreed not only to offer same-sex dating services on a new site, but also to offer six-month subscriptions for free to 10,000 gay users, pay McKinley $5,000 and fork over $50,000 to New Jersey's Civil Rights division "to cover investigation-related administrative costs." Oh, and that's not all. Yield, yield to the grievance-mongers:
Additional terms of the settlement include:

-- eHarmony, Inc. will post photos of same-sex couples in the "Diversity" section of its website as successful relationships are created using the company's same-sex matching service. In addition, eHarmony, Inc. will include photos of same-sex couples, as well as individual same-sex users, in advertising materials used to promote its same-sex matching services;

-- eHarmony, Inc. will revise anti-discrimination statements placed on company websites, in company handbooks and other company publications to make plain that it does not discriminate on the basis of "sexual orientation";

-- the company has committed to advertising and public relations/ marketing dedicated to its same-sex matching service, and will retain a media consultant experienced in promoting the "fair, accurate and inclusive" representation of gay and lesbian people in the media to determine the most effective way of reaching the gay and lesbian communities.

I have enormous sympathy for eHarmony, whose attorney explained that they gave in to the unfair settlement because "litigation outcomes can be unpredictable." The recent mob response to the passage of Proposition 8, the traditional marriage measure in California, must have also weighed on eHarmony management's minds. But capitulation will only yield a worse, entirely predictable outcome: more shakedowns of private businesses that hold views deemed unacceptable by the Equality-at-All-Costs Brigade.

Perhaps heterosexual men and women should start filing lawsuits against gay dating websites and undermine their businesses. Coerced tolerance and diversity-by-fiat cut both ways.

When is all this crap going to stop.

Everyone should go to the gay sites and make it possible for the straight to look for straight people. That would only be fare.....Our country is going down hill fast.

So what's next, can a guy sue if he wants to be fixed up with a sheep? What about a woman seeking a donkey? We will continue to be driven completely out of existance until those of us with morals and values stand up for our rights and say ENOUGH.

I dont believe we have seen anything yet! With Obama and his crowd, bieng the most liberal, these types will go out of complete control!

If I was the owner of this company I would burn it to the ground before I would provide support for these wicked sodomite beasts.

The gay mafia must be destroyed.

Nothing is sacrosanct. Now we have a privately owned, privately funded business being "FORCED" to do business with people THEY do not want. The Judge doesn't own the company, Neil Warren owns it, exclusively. How does a Judge get the idea that he can tell privately owned companies, who have broken now laws, what they "MUST" do? That is beyond ludicrous.
That my friends is what Liberals do. They orchestrate how others "MUST" run their lives, out of their warped minds. It is an inailable right, to create a business on YOUR terms, legal of course, not someone else's.
Tell me where the integrity in this ruling is...

Martyn, the Judicial is the strongest entity in the country. This is proven every time a judge decides he is more intelligent than the people involved in the case before him. Take the wolf issue for example, Judge Molloy decided he knew more about wildlife biology than the wildlife biologists do (of course, he was also paid off, I think, but that is another discussion). The 9th circus just issued an order voiding a major oil company's agreement with MMS (Mineral Management Service) to drill in Alaska. The judgement stated that MMS did not look hard enough at the environmental impact, because a bunch of stuffy judges sitting in a stuffy room understand how damaging drilling can be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

No problem really, once they choose the man seeking another man button, I would program it to put their profile in the internet black hole. It would look like every other profile, they could modify it, change the intro, etc. They would pay the monthly fee and never receive any benefit from it. They dont necessarily guaranty a match for your money, dont ask how I know this!!

What's wrong, couldn't they find any elderly Christian ladies to beat up on this week?

Ya know...IMO, 75% of this problem is urban, liberal, straight chicks who think it is cool to befriend and go shopping and for lattes with these pervs. A lot of them tend to be kinda on the fat side and not that great looking, so they like the 'male' attention, even if it is just fruit attention.

I wish the gays would all go back in the closet where they came from...

As others here have said, thanks to the Democrats the judiciary is out of control and MUST be reigned in.

BTW, their significant presence in the government schools is yet ANOTHER reason to home or private school!

Quote:
If I was the owner of this company I would burn it to the ground before I would provide support for these wicked sodomite beasts.

+1

Quote:

The gay mafia must be destroyed.

Amen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

This reminds me of a highschool friend who teaches in Dallas Schools whose husband told her after 20 years of marriage he'd always been homosexual and was divorcing her to live with his 'boyfriend', Naturally, being the fine gentleman I am sometimes, I went down there to 'console' her.

Maybe it's something in the water down in bigd? I worked for a guy in l964 after my Freshman year @ OU who was queer and the proverbial three dollar bill. He hit on every male adult staff member in our Intermediate group @ YMCA Camp Classen, Davis, Oklahoma. We all banded together to keep this guy under wraps and got though the Summer. Next year, I get a call from the Camp Director asking me if I wanted to work again. I told only, "Not if........------ is going to be there!!" I told him the facts, he said he'd be right back, and in about an hour he was back on the phone saying I could work there and the guy would not be there!

Moral to the story is people whose sexuality is not NORMAL cause a lot of real trouble and they should not be given any 'hunting license' in a Christian Camp designed to mold young men!

When I worked in Phoenix/Maricopa County, Arizona I learned of another key situation where dykes had an effect on a very good cop shop by banding together as a lesbian group.

You can tell those alleged 100 Officers in the current military that any rule/law/order making it legal to be other than heterosexual will clog up the real purpose of the military like a Kotex in a martini glass!

Even Don't Ask, Don' Tell was a major disaster were they to add up and the training costs lost from having to train those who bounced OUT when the going got tough!

You really don't want to know what I really think!

It sometimes looks like to me that weird/strange/out of step dysfunctional gay/lesbian/transgender folk deliberately choose and seek out Public employment as they have come to understand they have protection for their vices.

A firm I work with has a Transgender Male/Female employee. I'm a little dense sometimes, so I worked with this 'person' taking her as a 'female' long before I KNEW what the deal was.

Now this "lady" is barred from work outside the Office and doing Dispatch duty.

I learned what the deal was when I called into the Office one night to see if the Property Manager could come open the door to the Ladies Restroom. A guy who must remain nameless BURST INTO LAUGHING @ my question. He said, "You mean you DON'T KNOW?

Then he told me why "She" would be just fine using the Men's Room which was already open.

Looking back, I think if I had noticed 'her' big, bony hands and fingers I'd have figured it out myself.

MORAL: Don't be weird! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The Judicial is very powerful, but they often need help! Once Judge Bean of the Pinal County Superior Court came in the Office and asked, "Does anybody around here know anything about snakes?"

There was a long silence.

I said," I do, Judge!"

I got my trusty Field Guide out of my Office, went to the back of his pick up truck, and started flipping though the pictures in the ID section.

Finally came to the EXACT REPLICA of the snake he had in the bed of his truck. It was a BANDED SAND SNAKE! Found in the desert sands of Arizona they bore into the soil and sand to escape the heat and predators!

Judge Bean agreed with my Identification, one of the very few times he ever agreed with me on anything sad to say. But at least I was dead right on BANDED SAND SNAKES

Sam H. Asbury, III
Cleet #08 PIA 2782

I personally beleive an business should have the right to refuse service to anyone. It is their revenue and they should have a choice in who they targer as an audience. If they dont get that particular groups money and it don't bother them then why does it matter.

I didn't realize that the "GAYS" needed eharmony, I thought they just hung out at the local Weinersnitzel joint, with their cups that say "I'm a wiener dude too". Pretty fricken disgusting if you ask me. How a guy could get off by doing another guy is beyond me. We have this supervisor guy at work who is gay,and me being politicly correct as I am, I am always calling my buddy a "hoto"(which means gay in Spanish), or a pillow biter. I am always making cracks about gays and he never says anything to me. It's not like he's actually come out and told me he's gay, but everyone has told me he is and his boyfriend is always calling the office. I agree go back in the closet, liberal crap like that is killing the America I knew as a kid. That's alright, I am teaching my kids that those people are gross and disgusting.

Quote:
What's wrong, couldn't they find any elderly Christian ladies to beat up on this week?

Ya know...IMO, 75% of this problem is urban, liberal, straight chicks who think it is cool to befriend and go shopping and for lattes with these pervs. A lot of them tend to be kinda on the fat side and not that great looking, so they like the 'male' attention, even if it is just fruit attention.

I wish the gays would all go back in the closet where they came from...

As others here have said, thanks to the Democrats the judiciary is out of control and MUST be reigned in.

BTW, their significant presence in the government schools is yet ANOTHER reason to home or private school!

+10,000!
Potent anaylsis!!! Right on!!!!

I think I just read that a Floride Court decided that gay/lesbian foster or adoptive parents are just fine and should have no ill effect on the foster kids. What about "role models'?

I hope I read that wrong or did'nt remember it right.

Years ago, I was working patrol in a Neighborhood Assn. Area. We got a call to go break up an altercation @ a birthday party attended by homosexuals. The guy who called was the homosexual Chairman of the Association's Security Committee. NOT A GOOD SITUATION!

Making all this legal is a real poor concept and will be hard to reverse if it gets deeply entrenched in the bureaus that administer this kind of thing.

They need to remain in the dark, shady places out of the mainstream and I'd bet that is the US majority view.

Sam H. Asbury, III
Cleet #08 PIA 2782

Back