What's Your "Go-To" Gun

Last year bushy 16" modular carbine with 3x9 monarch for the closer stuff and night. Kimber 22-250 varmint with 5x16 monarch for the longer stuff. This year tikka .204 varmint with illum 4x14 mark 4 for long, short, and night.

Tikka T3 ultra light in a 223, it is an awesome shooter right out of the box. and it is lightweight for hiking into the good spots. It has a box mag which is also very nice so you can keep an extra in your pocket for emergency use.....incase you miss the first four shots!!!!!

Got a DPMS 16" bbl with a leupold 1 x4 for the main gun, and a 700 mountain 243 win , with a ballistic plex burris 3x9 on it for the windy days. Just picked up a CZ 527 kevlar varmint in 223 for the kid.(and me)

Well...if I was in an area with a lot of yotes I'd get a .204 Ruger. I have much more fox so it is a .17 Rem Fireball 700 CDL SF with a Leupold 1.5-5x illuminated german recticle (gun is in process).

Also have a Howa .243 if only coyote hunting which doubles as a deer/varmint rifle also.

I usually go with the one that I miss less frequently with a REM 700 222,6X LEO,tube cut to 20",50 gr vmax,reloader#7.For close range calling.

coyoteslayer.jpg

Back