Anyone from Tennessee?

Posted by: YoteMan511

Anyone from Tennessee? - 02/08/14 12:05 PM

I'm currently living in Crossville ( 30 min from Cookeville), and I am looking for someone to hunt with. I have a really small foodplot on my land, but that's it. I feel every time I try there, the coyote circles downwind in the timber before he is even visible. So I'm looking for a hunting partner or someone who knows of a place to hunt. I have only killed a coyote, when I was turkey hunting, but would really like to get serious with predator hunting. I have an e-caller and my savage .223 .
Posted by: KillerBear

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 02/08/14 05:08 PM

hey I live in rutherford but won't be able to hunt with you mad to much work (sorry) but I do know a place to hunt yotes its abloudstly over run with them its called lebenon state forest theres a part you can hunt on its pretyyyy LARGE you can print a map on the internet type/ lebeanon state forest hunting/ its an alright drive its 45 min from muffresboro TN ( you can hunt with any weapon)

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 02/09/14 06:18 PM

Thanks KillerBear.
Posted by: MADHatter870

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 02/11/14 04:09 PM

Yoteman,
I'm new to predator hunting, but I live in Knoxville and work in Crossville. Let me know if you'd be interested in getting together on a hunt. I do know that now is the season, so let me know if you have time.

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 02/12/14 09:00 AM

Madhatter your right this is the time to hunt its been a very cold winter and TN coyotes are big and furry .I've shoot two this season and seen many on trail cams!! Good luck to ya!!

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 02/12/14 11:29 AM

Thanks killer. I've heard them and had them call back at me, but haven't laid eyes on one yet. Hopefully when I do it'll be over the barrel of a shotgun or .223. Post some pics of yours if you get a chance.

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 02/12/14 11:49 AM

hey yea how do you post pics??? I'm using 20 gauge buckshot or 58 grain varmint .243 bullets. id really like to get a ar soon for quick follow ups!

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 02/12/14 05:50 PM

Pretty sure you have to post pics to the photo galleries in the upper toolbar. And I hunt a lot with my dad's Ruger Mini 14. Ten-round clip means I can lay one down as fast as I can pull the trigger. Just gotta find a dog first!
Posted by: DesertRam

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 02/12/14 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: KillerBear
hey yea how do you post pics???

Tutorial on how to post photos.

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 02/13/14 10:27 AM

MADHatter, check your PM box. I hit one the other day on the way home from work, man it had a nice fur on it till the F-150 connected on her.
Posted by: Rockytopthunder

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 05/25/14 11:52 PM

Hello friends I'm new here and was looking around and saw this. I'm from Clinton Tn, that's about 20 minutes north of knoxville. Anyone close by?
Posted by: Hidalgo

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 08/03/14 06:14 PM

More Tennessee guys here than I thought.

I'm in Chattanooga, and just waiting for the leaves to fall .........
Posted by: rem-700-3

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 11/16/14 10:58 AM

I grew up in Crossville but moved to Birmingham 25 years ago. We didn't have coyotes or deer growing up hogs and groundhogs kept us busy though.
Posted by: Hidalgo

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 11/20/14 11:40 AM

Oh yeah ... there's a few hogs in that neck of the woods. I've killed a few at Catoosa when deer hunting.
Posted by: MarkNTennessee

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 12/07/14 01:55 AM

I live a little north of Chattanooga.
Posted by: Havoc2

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 12/10/14 03:08 AM

Moved to Knoxville this past summer and looking for a coyote hunting partner. I know this is an old thread but it is worth a shot!
Posted by: Adam4334

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 12/29/14 01:00 AM

Same here, but not new to the area lol
Posted by: T.Luis

Re: Anyone from Tennessee? - 05/15/20 06:41 AM

I live in middle Tennessee, Clarksville/Montgomery county