YOUTH TURKEY HUNT/PA

OK guys lets try to use JUST whats in the book to clarify this keeping things as simple as possible. On page 82 of your digest top paragraph 3/4 down... " coyotes may be taken during spring gobbler season by hunters with a valid spring turkey tag. "

ok we have the fact that you MUST have a valid tag to be out during the spring gobbler hunting hours....now pg 32 bottom left side last paragraph.... "Rifle/ shotgun combinations may be used if ammunition is limited to shotgun shells." Carrying OR using single projectile ammunition, rifles or handguns is unlawful." now notice that the word Carrying is in there, you can not have a rifle on your person, or single projectile ammo. and the key word is the OR you can't carry it OR use it.

I hope this helps things a little, the way it is made to work is that you can go out with a rifle AFTER the legal hours of the spring gobbler season. Hopefully this helps, I am just trying to make this as simple as I can.... also it has been brought to our attention that the use of decoys of prey animals IS illegal, the article above states the why, and the specific law that involves it, legally the only decoy that can be used is a coyote decoy.

whtnite1,
you are correct on some aspects turkey hunters have to be out of the woods by 1:00 pm but you can start hunting coyotes by 12:00 noon.

chronicles98

Back