wyoming get together

i sure hope the wind stays down, i heard tails of snow on sunday if a storm comes in the wind will blow
and you know "000H i hates dat windy"
____________________________ /\
----------------------------> wabbit

Last Call for the first annual Cowboy State Classic!

I'm anticipating a baker's dozen +/- folks joining in. Just in case you roll in late, I'm sure there'll still be a welcoming party stationed at the Sunset Bar & Grill past 10 p/m Friday night. Just look for the guys in camo!

One last time, here are the details:

This coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday, a Wyoming Get-Together and Hunt, headquartered at the Sunset Bar & Grill in Alcova, ph. 307-472-3200. The joint has pretty good eats and cold beer. They're also going to be open extra early for breakfast, just for us.

The adjacent lodging (conveniently within stumbling distance of the Sunset Bar & Grill) is the Riverview Inn, ph. 307-473-5829. I don't know if they have any rooms open. Address is: 22258 W. Highway 220, Alcova WY. I believe that they also have a few RV hook-ups.

Best way to describe where the hotel and bar are located is the intersection of Highway 220 and Grey Reef Road. The facilities are located on the West side of the highway, about a mile North of the actual site of Alcova. You can't miss them.

Nearest fuel and supplies is Sloane's General Store, just a mile down the road in "downtown" Alcova.

I'm compiling a list of names/cell #'s so, for safety purposes, we can conduct a 'check-in' Saturday evening to make sure everyone made it back to civilization.

A few of the guys sound like they will be in the area and hunting early Friday, but most will roll in that evening. I'm sure we'll all either bump into each other at the hotel or in the bar. See you in Alcova!

If some one needs a room at the Riverview Inn, I had to cancel my reservation (called out to work) yesterday for Thurs. through Sat. night.

Hey, Cmiddleton you ever fish Miracle Mile or spend much time around Alcova or Pathfinder? If so I'm sure you hsve seen this bumper sticker on more than one Wy. truck.

LIVE IN WYOMING FISH IN WYOMING
LIVE IN COLORADO FISH IN COLORADO

HA!HA!

A good and safe hunt to all!

To all of you that are getting together at Alcova this weekend,,,, My wife and I wish you the best of times and the best in hunting. We are looking forward to the feedback in Mid March when we return from our annual trek to AZ to shoot up their coyotes and cats, play with the family, and, visiting friends. Casey, good luck on your attempt at getting a bobcat. My gut says you will get 'er done. And, thanks for your initial efforts that got this get together off the ground. You were successful to say the least.

Later, gotta get packed for Saturday AM departure. May have travel problems since there is a storm headed this way from the southwest.

i got tooooo much gear
i'm thinkin of calling the office to have them send down the semi
well maybe its not that bad i do wish the 4wheel drive worked in my chevy so i could use the camper shell like normal.
hunting from home i think i'll just leave the clothes home and pack all my calls and decoys then guns and ammo.
thats still, gun case full of calls, call box, 3 ammo cans of stuff, shooting sticks, 2 rifles, wall mart tub of decoys, grassland, timber and snow camo coveralls.
i've got to much stuff now all i need is a decoy dog that also finds antlers.
oh then i need mountain dew and munchies.

Mountain Dew and munchies were the first thing I went and got today. Gotta keep your priorities straight....now I'll start packing everything else. A buddy from work got some time off so he's coming along with me. Not sure what time we will roll into Alcova, planning on leaving early tomorrow and making some stands on the way up.

CMiddleton I'm looking forward to seeing your collection of calls. From what I've seen on the custom call forum it seems like you got a pretty nice collection.

See everyone tomorrow and be safe traveling.

Thank You, WyoYote for putting this all together( I read your initial post/ your original bright Idea)and providing the pertinent information needed to attend this hunt. And you to cmiddlleton for your efforts. I take from your previous post that we/they are allowed to hunt on the Pathfiner Ranch, the Sun Ranch, the Dunbell Ranch, and the Buzzard Ranch? With your permission????

Good Hunting!

Beer, err...I mean gear is packed, extra hay has been thrown to the remuda, we'll be rolling out of Cody Country 5:30 a/m sharp. Hunting our way down but plan to be at the Inn by 4:00 in the afternoon. Look for the 01 white Ford F-150 crew cab with Park Co. (11) plates and some coyotes laying on the tailgate
smile.gif
Joedy, the Get-Together was my brain fart, but C Middleton did alot of the legwork down Alcova way. Tommorrow evening we'll figure out where to send everyone for the Saturday hunt.

Also wanted to mention to the guys who just can't keep off PM, there are some WiFi hotspots in the vicinity of Alcova. The Riverview Inn doesn't have WiFi yet, but they're working on it.

Everyone drive safely and we'll see you at the Sunset Bar & Grill Friday evening!

WyoYote OUT!

all the ranches want me to help scatter the hunters so they are not over run with them. blm is open to all but we still don't want to hunt on top of each other.
my plan is to spread everone out so everyone has room to roam.
i plan on calling rockpiles for cats that opens more of the low ground for coyotes hunters i'll do just a few sets a day and try to be at a arms reach for anyone wanting my help.
tomorrow i'll meet one hunter at alcova him jim and i will go try some cat sets then scoot back to meet everyone coming in.
double ck and jim could go out if they want while i catch folks coming in tomorrow afternoon.
moseley is bringing russ and they are going to a ranch i don't have permission for. i just don't know the rancher or the land its russes hunting spot.
saterday sorefeet is coming out but i don't know if he can stay all day. sunday is his little girls birthday party.
pathfinder and buzzard have areas they don't want us.

Cacesy,

I stopped reading this post on like page 2 once I found out that I was headed to SD to visit my parents.(I didn't want to get jeleous of you all) I did some reading and noticed you were asking about me. It looks like they're getting hit pretty good with snow in SD and I'm not sure if I want to take a chance. We'll have to see what the weather does tomorrow, but I might be in. I'll try getting in touch with you tomorrow evening and let you know. If I do end up coming I might bring a buddy of mine. I'll be in touch.

WOW!! Casey, sorry for butchering your name like that. It was late and I think my eyes were shut when I wrote that. My bad. Could I have overtaken you as the worst speller on the net??

Originally Posted By: RocketManWOW!! Casey, sorry for butchering your name like that. It was late and I think my eyes were shut when I wrote that. My bad. Could I have overtaken you as the worst speller on the net??

Dont worry, he wont know the difference....
laugh.gif

Ive seen him at the keyboard....like a chicken at grain...peck...peck...
thumbup.gif

Back