WWW Wonderful Wyoming Weekend

Not to put a Fly in the ointment here but I bet it was just a 223 case ELJ found.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bottom of which case? The 223, 19-223 or 204?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
Somebody stuffed 'the fly' in a barrel of ointment?????? Would have liked to seen that.... Got pics?

And people wonder why i carry my glock when shooting p-rats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif People always trying to shove me into barrels of stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
People always trying to shove me into barrels of stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But Fly, at least it was good smelling stuff!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Somebody stuffed 'the fly' in a barrel of ointment?????? Would have liked to seen that.... Got pics?

And people wonder why i carry my glock when shooting p-rats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif People always trying to shove me into barrels of stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So Fly, you won't get stuffed in a barrel of ointment unless you are carring your Glock????

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:

So Fly, you won't get stuffed in a barrel of ointment unless you are carring your Glock????

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Wow, thanks. Being a 1911 and S&W revolver guy I've always wondered what those Glocks were good for.

Ointment anchors!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey Fly, my assumption would be whatever is the heaviest. You need the weight to keep you well submerged in the ointment!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd really like to say thanks to all, especially Richie. We just arrived back in Florida late this afternoon after driving 4,700+ miles. The weather and company was great. We didn't spend much time in the camp, but enjoyed the brief time we were there.

Thanks for allowing us to share the fun.

+1 what Graymist said... 3 old friends, >4700 miles, six days on the road and ten straight days shooting PD's and making new friends - PRICELESS!

WyoSongDog, NASA and the rest of the WW VI 2008 family made us old FL boys feel at home..thanks.

Quote:
ten straight days shooting PD's

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Wow, that's awesome. Have you guy's tallied up how much ammo you burned on that safari? Definitely a trip to remember. It was great to meet you folks. Glad you could join us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

NASA, Graymist44 is our statistician and official photographer..he is working on a web link which should be ready in a week to 10 days. I took about 50# each of .204 and .223, maybe 10# of .17HMR...the bags were much lighter when I unloaded my gear.

We had a great time in WY and look forward to returning.

I am glad you guys had a great time! It was nice to meet guys that whould drive that far to shoot pdogs. Now when anyone tells me I am nuts for driving 200-300 miles to shoot pdogs, I can tell them about the Florida Boys!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

NASA, if my math is correct we used 2,764 rounds. I have posted a web page about our trip on my web site.

http://www.geocities.com/graymist44/hunt3.html

Ammo use on Wyoming trip.

204 - 877
223 - 635
223AI - 429
17 HMR - 289
22 LR - 270
22 K-Hornet - 111
6-6.5X47 Lapua - 62
220 Swift - 55
22-250AI - 36

92 rounds a person per day

race4hills, we drove 1,600 miles two years ago to shoot PDs for 4 days in Kansas.

Last edited:
Two weekends have come and gone since WW-X. The first one for me was flying to Omaha for a family reunion with my brother-in-law. This past weekend we spent car shopping to find a new car for my wife.

Duh, let's see, what would I rather be doing?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Back