WT MA-21 vs. Foxpro CS-24

SDCoyoteCaller

OK, for those of you guys that have heard both callers, which one gets the nod for sound volume and sound quality. I am not interested in the callers other features, but strictly on which one produces the most volume and has the best sound quality. Thanks.

SD CoyoteCaller;
I am scheduled to get my MA-21 Wednesday of this week I have a friend that ordered the FP CS 24 a few months back. When I get mine we will compare . We neither one can hear very well but we plan to sit each a 1/2 mile away and have my son-in-law operate each and see witch one we can hear or hear best. I can tell you this the Foxpro is loud. I'll let you know. If someone else don't let you know sooner.
GMB

Either the 10 or 15 watt one, but probably the 15 watt. I think the 30 watt CS 24 would be way to big for me, so I really don't have much interest in it.

I have the 30wat CS-24 and my buddy has the WT 2030 exact same speakers on both. We do alot of calling in rough country and set up 400-800 yards apart. To be perfectly honest as far as volume and clarity goes, you can't tell any difference. However I cannot speak for the WT MA-21

Sam,

Thanks for your input. Does that 30 watt CS 24 get to be alot to pack around? It looks huge on allpredatorcalls.com.

You all done hunting for the year or are you still after them?

well we did our test today between the Poxpro CS-24 15watt of my friends and the MA-21. We were about 600 yds from the 2 callers. One was for sure louder and clear tone. we had a nother fellow operating the callers. We didn't know which he turned on first or second,but the first one was the loudest & cleaer. When we drove back Bill would not except that we where not playing a joke on him. He thought the F.P. wasn't turned up to full volume. He had his son operate both calls and we got the same results. He is not a happy camper. I am not going to post this on the main board. things are not too comfortable right now. He is a big die hard fan of FP. If he wants to report the results its up to him. It was a nice morning very little wind.
GMB

Last edited:
GMB,

Thanks a million for reporting your results. It looks like I will be going with the MA-21 when the time comes to upgrade.

How much clearer was the MA-21? Just curious. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: SDCoyoteCallerGMB,

Thanks a million for reporting your results. It looks like I will be going with the MA-21 when the time comes to upgrade.

How much clearer was the MA-21? Just curious. Thanks.

I'm thinking the same thing.

It isnt that bad to pack around and correct me if I'm wrong but the weight of it would be similar to that of the MA-21. I know it weighs the same as the WT 2030 because they are basicly the same in that respect. I have heard from other guys that have them that the MA-21 is VERY loud.

We are all done for the year up here. Eight contests, won three, second in one, third in three and fifth in one. All in all 77 dead yotes for the year.

DoubleCK,
CS-24 wins hands down in terms of carrying friendly. Lighter, smaller, and just easier to pack. The MA is quite a bit heavier as well. I can get actual weights and dimensions if you'd like, just let me know?

Cedarbutte,
The MA-21 weighs more than the 2030. The driver in the MA is quite large and heavy compared to the TOA speaker drivers.

Sam,

Sounds like you had a pretty darn good year.

I do have to admit I do not know what the weight difference is between the MA-21 and the 30 watt CS 24, if there even is any. I guess I was thinking more about how large it looks and the bulkiness of it. How do you carry yours? Does it fit in a backpack or do you just sling it over your shoulder and go? Do you like it quite a bit? Thanks.

I really like the way my WT 2030MS carries.

I am able to tuck it into my old Columbia Vest Bird compartment via the front access. It works great. I am wondering if an MA would work as well?

Snowcamo, I was comparing the WT 2030 to the CS-24 in weight or at least thats what I meant to say.
SDCoyote I just carry my CS-24 by hand sometimes, but if I'm gonna hike a long way I have a sling with a snap on it I can hook to it and throw it over my shoulder. I do like mine quite a bit, but like I said my buddy has a WT 2030 and to be perfectly honest we will kill just as many yotes with the one as we do with the other. It has a heck of a lot more to do with being where the coyotes are, stand selection and knowing a little bit about huntin yotes than it does with which caller you use.

Last edited:
I have never had a problem with the way my 2030 caried,it is a slight bit bulky at the speaker bell,the MA-21 and 15 carry easier because of the uniform size and the nifty carring handle on the end.
thumbup1.gif

My CS-24 weighs a little over 2 pounds, and it is easy to carry. As far as the volume level goes, I have called in dozens of coyotes with mouth calls and my cs-24 can call louder than I can with any mouth call!

Weights of callers with battery packs:
CS-24 3lbs 2 oz
WT 2030 (large 30 watt TOA) 4lb 15oz
MA-21 6lbs 2oz

Dimensions (TOA speakers measurements don't include handle or battery packs on sides)

Width x Height x Length
CS-24: 7" x 5" x 7.5"
WT 2030: 11.25" x 8.25" x 11"
MA-21: 5.75" x 7.875" x 9.5"

Back