Would US extradite Minnesota dentist to Zimbabwe?

I could really care less about a lion in Africa being killed, and although the Minnesota dentist is probably guilty of something, he doesn't need to be extradited back to Zimbabwe. What bothers me the most is this.....as hunters we are under increasingly attacks by the media and the bunny huggers, and we need to stand together or we will someone day lose our right to hunt. Let's suppose that here in the U.S., there was a wildlife park and in that park lived Rudy, world's biggest whitetail deer. People came from all around to see him, and he was the most famous deer in the country. One day in November, Bubba the redneck hunting on property adjoining the park, pours a bottle of Tink's 69 out on the ground and climbs into a nearby deer stand. Ole Rudy smells that odor that is so sweet to his nose, jumps the fence, and is promply shot by Bubba on his property. Now, there would be an outcry by the public, much like we have seen after Cecil was shot, and I'm sure there would be a dozen differing stories as to how Rudy was killed. But, hopefully, our reaction in this country would be better than what has happened in Africa, because I think what has happened in Zimbabwe may be racially motivated. The country is Black and poor, the American is White and wealthy, and that is a recipe for disaster.

i did not see eugene's insult to me, must have been a good one!

i looked up his links to information about the dentist. in the bear case, he was part of a group. nothing anywhere says that he killed it, it only states that he was a part of that group. while a bear was taken in an incorrect area, it is hardly a serious offense. it could easily have been a mistake. the problem came from lieing to the USFWS, that is the felony. But, from the article i read, it was unclear whether he was convicted of that felony.

it is common for hunters from america to use rifles provided for them africa. it would not indicate that he was a prohibited person. also, maybe he is an archer first? some of us archery hunt because we like the challenge, gun ownership has nothing to do with it.

it bugs me that some people, hunters, are willing to throw this guy overboard. some do not like his method of hunting, by baiting. but, baiting for lions is legal. they lured the lion out of the park, big deal! how many hunters out there hunt along park boundaries, or private property hoping to call an animal across the fence? i know i do, any good hunter will go to where his odds are best, crossing that fence to hunt is not legal, but getting the animal to cross the fence is hunting.

harassing women? what does that have to do with anything? and just because some woman says he said things, does not mean that he did. wealthy people are targets for actions against them, it is driven by money. i know people who have been sued for wrongful termination, that have fired people who were poor employees. the employee happened to be black and sued claiming racism, they settled for $1 million. the employer had deep pockets and the fired employee knew it. this woman he settled with could have been a romantic interest turned bad, and she wanted some cash. the low dollar amount suggests to me that there was not much of a case.

the bigger point here is, that facts are not plentiful in this case, and without facts it is all just speculation. posting tidbits of information supplemented by personal views does not constitute truth or fact.

Originally Posted By: CoverbusterWhen they stop their own from poaching then we shall see who gets extradited.

NAILED IT!

I noted this week that the libs are attacking Trump over hunting issues. I saw an article full of pics of Trumps 2 sons' safari's in Africa and elsewhere. Really nice trophies. The Donald was'nt along on the trips but he's getting the grief. He defended them quite well.

will we extradite him? Ubetcha we will, we'll toss that sorry excuse for humanity under bus in a NY second.

Right after we milk him for all the distraction from real problems we can.

Originally Posted By: 6724i did not see eugene's insult to me, must have been a good one!

i looked up his links to information about the dentist. in the bear case, he was part of a group. nothing anywhere says that he killed it, it only states that he was a part of that group. while a bear was taken in an incorrect area, it is hardly a serious offense. it could easily have been a mistake. the problem came from lieing to the USFWS, that is the felony. But, from the article i read, it was unclear whether he was convicted of that felony.

it is common for hunters from america to use rifles provided for them africa. it would not indicate that he was a prohibited person. also, maybe he is an archer first? some of us archery hunt because we like the challenge, gun ownership has nothing to do with it.

it bugs me that some people, hunters, are willing to throw this guy overboard. some do not like his method of hunting, by baiting. but, baiting for lions is legal. they lured the lion out of the park, big deal! how many hunters out there hunt along park boundaries, or private property hoping to call an animal across the fence? i know i do, any good hunter will go to where his odds are best, crossing that fence to hunt is not legal, but getting the animal to cross the fence is hunting.

harassing women? what does that have to do with anything? and just because some woman says he said things, does not mean that he did. wealthy people are targets for actions against them, it is driven by money. i know people who have been sued for wrongful termination, that have fired people who were poor employees. the employee happened to be black and sued claiming racism, they settled for $1 million. the employer had deep pockets and the fired employee knew it. this woman he settled with could have been a romantic interest turned bad, and she wanted some cash. the low dollar amount suggests to me that there was not much of a case.

the bigger point here is, that facts are not plentiful in this case, and without facts it is all just speculation. posting tidbits of information supplemented by personal views does not constitute truth or fact.

While your post has some merit, my point was he's not a sympathetic character, and harassing women shows that, along with fishing without a license, and shooting bears in WI and lieing about it. While petty, it all adds up in my book. It's just my opinion, I'd rather he wasn't caught up in this, because it makes hunters look bad. And if I'm going to believe him, I go on people's previous record. Let's remember, this guy has money, so whatever he finally got in the bear case, was a lot better than you or I would of got without putting out some serious scratch. This guy is just bad for hunters. After awhile when certain people don't catch on, they need to ride under the bus. My post did say we need to wait for more facts, but this guy isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt with 95% of the people.

Such silliness imo.

He used a bow. So what? God himself could have appeared on national tv and banned him from owning a gun in the us and it doesnt matter. He wasnt in the us, 100% free to own a billion of them. The guides in africa deal with a lot of expensive trips where guns, ammo and optics all have to safely make their destination. Odds are at least once, that hasnt happened and they have an extra rusty old savage somewhere in the arsenal they carry to loan. He used a bow to take a trophy dangerous animal. Thats a story. How many bow hunters do the exact same every season? Because theyre felons? Or because taking a brown bear at 30 yards is the story they want, not 500 yards through glass. People hunt dangerous animals with knives, as close and personal as you can get short of using your teeth. Its the story they want.

He paid 50k for a big animal. So what? Africa trips... not cheap. If i drop 6 figures on a trophy hunt, im shockingly wanting a trophy. Im expecting one of the the nicest animals in the area, not a button buck or yearling cub. If im told that for a bit extra i can take a world class animal, and i can afford it, im writing the check. And im also relying onthe guide to find and id to me that animal. Im not experienced enough to tell record from average on an animal that i dont see every day.

The guy is in another continent. I wouldnt expect him or anyone to know the minutia of the laws, to know that standing here im ok but 1 step to the left im not. I know ive hiked into the wrong persons land before and that was less than 100 miles from my house. If i had a guide take me there, his fault. His job and the reason I'm paying him is to know what and where.

The guides drug bait. Again, so what? Its a common method for predators. If they were in a boat it would be called chumming. If it was deer, no different than having a food plot. Lions dont eat soy though and arent usually found in the middle of the ocean. Most successful hunters know their game and what to do to draw their game to them. Food, water, the scent and sound of a horny female. Its all bait.

Slim odds that some dentist from kansas went to africa, found a guide and told him "on that govt protected park is a lion with a name for some reason. And what youre going to do is illegally enter that park, illegally drag a scent line from his living room to mine where I will illegally kill it with a bow and arrow because i might not be able to own a gun in the us"

Odds are much greater "here is some money, find me an awesome trophy, and come wake me up when you find it" as that is the way most guided hunts go.

From my armchair anyway.

I would love to see the fence they are talking about on this park.. I would bet that it's a flag or marker of some kind (if that)

I also laugh at hearing the idea that it's coward to hunt a lion like that.. Well, how exactly would you get within 50yrds of a lion? Have you ever shot something with a bow.. It's not like they drop dead after shooting them.. I don't know about you, but after sticking a LION at

Back