Woman rescues coyote with its foot stuck in a fence

Quote:
Nice lady, not too bright, talks to herself.
What woulda happened if the yote was on her side of the fence?
Did she repair the fence afterwards (property owner lawsiut, lol)?

"talks to herself" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
That was the greatest thing I've read in a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

HA HA! i would have got out my stopwatch, shot, skinned and tied with this as a finishing... wooo hooo new record!

610x.jpg

No disrespect to anyone that has posted so far. I certainly respect your points of view and attitude towards the lowly Coyote. I, on the other hand would have done exactly what that woman did. I love to call in and kill Coyotes and Lord knows I kill more than my fair share. I dont however call and kill Coyotes because I hate them or want to see them all dead. I hunt them because of the challenge. I hunt them because of the thrill they give me. I have as much respect for a Coyote as I do for a bull Elk and I kill lots of those too. But I would not stick an arrow in a bull Elk that was caught in a fence. Again, I respect differing opinions but I have no desire to kill such a worthy quarry when that quarry has absolutely no chance. Kind of defeats the purpose of the whole challenge thing if you ask me. No animal, especially one that I am trying to outsmart, deserves to die a death like that. Which, by the way, is exactly why I dont shoot Coyotes in the Spring. This would be right up there with pups starving to death in a den somewhere. If it doesnt bother you, it doesnt bother me but its not my cup of tea. Just my $.02 which wont buy much these days.

Quote:
No disrespect to anyone that has posted so far. I certainly respect your points of view and attitude towards the lowly Coyote. I, on the other hand would have done exactly what that woman did. I love to call in and kill Coyotes and Lord knows I kill more than my fair share. I dont however call and kill Coyotes because I hate them or want to see them all dead. I hunt them because of the challenge. I hunt them because of the thrill they give me. I have as much respect for a Coyote as I do for a bull Elk and I kill lots of those too. But I would not stick an arrow in a bull Elk that was caught in a fence. Again, I respect differing opinions but I have no desire to kill such a worthy quarry when that quarry has absolutely no chance. Kind of defeats the purpose of the whole challenge thing if you ask me. No animal, especially one that I am trying to outsmart, deserves to die a death like that. Which, by the way, is exactly why I dont shoot Coyotes in the Spring. This would be right up there with pups starving to death in a den somewhere. If it doesnt bother you, it doesnt bother me but its not my cup of tea. Just my $.02 which wont buy much these days.

I will agree with you.

Every animal we hunt deserves to be treated with hunters' respect, even in death. And as hunters, we should ensure the animal dies as quick and painless a death as possible.

Though I may have put the animal out of it's misery, depending on the condition I thought it was in.

Last edited:
I can hear the "coyote conversation" now. "Yup Freddy funniest thing happened the other day" I was just heading home from a raid on the Jones farm again where I got me 15 of old mans Jones'es prize winnin chickens and I guess I had just a little to much to eat, Because I was headin home and spotted this fine lookin doe in the field. I got thinkin maybe a early mornin snack on her hind quarter would be just what I needed to top off my night. So I tooks after her and man I was sooo close to her my nose was ticklein from her tail hairs when all of a sudden she jumped this dang fence, well...me bein in such hot persuit I lefted off and wouldn't ya know it...came up 2 inches short! got my dang foot tangled up in that fence and there I was, yup me and all my coyoteness just hangin right out there stuck in that dang fence.. Well, just when I figured things couldn't get no worse I see old Jones'es woman commin.. I was thinkin I'm a gonner!!Then...funnest thing happened..she reached in her pocket (I figured to pull out a pistol to shoot me with) but she pulled out fence cuttin pliers!!!!You believe that, "Freddy if I'm liein I'm cryin and I aint shed a tear" it was fence cuttin pliers! That crazy fool woman didn't shoot me, she cut me loose!!

Freddy replys, "Whooa what did ya do then Larry? Did ya stick around there and thank her??"

Larry replys.. "Heck no I didn't stick around!!!,I high tailed it outa there and barly made it out a sight before I burped up half a dozen a them white chicken feathers!!!I knew she woulda killed me sure, ifin She woulda seen that!!!!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Quote:
I can hear the "coyote conversation" now. "Yup Freddy funniest thing happened the other day" I was just heading home from a raid on the Jones farm again where I got me 15 of old mans Jones'es prize winnin chickens and I guess I had just a little to much to eat, Because I was headin home and spotted this fine lookin doe in the field. I got thinkin maybe a early mornin snack on her hind quarter would be just what I needed to top off my night. So I tooks after her and man I was sooo close to her my nose was ticklein from her tail hairs when all of a sudden she jumped this dang fence, well...me bein in such hot persuit I lefted off and wouldn't ya know it...came up 2 inches short! got my dang foot tangled up in that fence and there I was, yup me and all my coyoteness just hangin right out there stuck in that dang fence.. Well, just when I figured things couldn't get no worse I see old Jones'es woman commin.. I was thinkin I'm a gonner!!Then...funnest thing happened..she reached in her pocket (I figured to pull out a pistol to shoot me with) but she pulled out fence cuttin pliers!!!!You believe that, "Freddy if I'm liein I'm cryin and I aint shed a tear" it was fence cuttin pliers! That crazy fool woman didn't shoot me, she cut me loose!!

Freddy replys, "Whooa what did ya do then Larry? Did ya stick around there and thank her??"

Larry replys.. "Heck no I didn't stick around!!!,I high tailed it outa there and barly made it out a sight before I burped up half a dozen a them white chicken feathers!!!I knew she woulda killed me sure, ifin She woulda seen that!!!!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif oh wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

It lives for another day. I admit that I have a soft spot for such things, even if it is a coyote. Now don't you guys go and break down over my words, sobbing uncontrollably and get your keyboards all wet.

But, maybe the hunter over the next ridge will have a good day sooner or later.

I've been trying to figure out how to get those "grateful coyote" vocals at the end isolated for my e-call sound library. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lady sounded Texas, but she must have been something else. Maybe Okie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Back