Wolf at 12 yards!

Awesome story. Great write up, it really shared you're experience like I was there. Always enjoy your stories. Thanks.

Multiple called wolves and mountain lion hunting stories.

JCS271 you make me jealous with some of your very successful adventures in that great state!

How many wolves have you taken now? I'm jealous, I'd love to hammer one of the big sum bucks.

thumbsup.jpg

Fantastic!
thumbup1.gif
What's that, three years in a row now? Wonderful stuff man, just wonderful. I can't help but nominate this for Hunter of the Month.

For you guys who are relatively new or haven't read many of jcs's tales, click on his username and go back in time to read his stories of past wolf successes (one with a bow) and last year's mountain lion (if you didn't catch the Hunter of the Year post). Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

So is the outfit you have on in the picture what you were wearing when you shot the wolf? Cause I'm selling all my camo if it is.

Originally Posted By: fitzSo is the outfit you have on in the picture what you were wearing when you shot the wolf? Cause I'm selling all my camo if it is.

Yes. I have never been a big fan of camo. MUCH prefer drab colored quality clothing that I can wear all the time. Bottom line, watch the wind and limit your movement. You will be fine!

PS I forgot to add that I was wearing a fluorescent orange vest. It's a requirement up here.

Originally Posted By: tripod3Persistance, and I am impressed you downsized to a small rifle too.

I killed the other ones with a 375 + 416. The only thing left was for me to use my .505 Gibbs and at an honest 6000 ft lbs of energy I just thought that was a little bit over gunned!
smile.gif

Back