Winchester supreme elite Xtended range hi density coyote load?

Anyone try the 3 1/2" B in winchester extended range. It looks to be about $3 a round so it's less expensive than some. I'm pretty confident it will kill a coyote over 40 yards and I have had good luck with winchester in my shotguns.

Since I can no longer delete.....I searched some more and see that federal premium 3" 1 7/8oz BB is only about $1.50 a round. I believe that's what I'm gonna order. (I had a man tell me that in Minnesota they killed 100 lb wolves with 2 oz of #2 lead at 30 yards.....never seen it though)

Last edited:
JohnK9027, lead #2 shot may kill wolves at 30 yards if you shoot them in the face but I sure as heck would never take lead #2 shot on a wolf hunt.

When I first started calling coyotes and shooting them with copper coated lead #2 shot and BB shot goose loads I found out right away that lead #2 shot did not work good on 20 pound to 30 pound coyotes. The lead BB shot penetrated deep enough and was big enough to break coyote bones the lead #2 shot did not work very good compared to the lead BB shot.

http://www.lg-outdoors.com/products.asp?cat=12560

Check out the above link for a great buy on the Winchester Xtended Range loads. These B shot loads at 45 yards and less may work better than DC T shot or lead number 4 buck shot because they have way more pellets per shell. These Win B shot loads are about $2.50 to $3.00 less per shell than Hevi-Shot DC T shot loads are going for now.

I lucked out and got a great buy on some Federal Heavyweight BB Coyote 3" loads not to long ago. I opened one of them up and there was only 62 BB pellets in the shell I opened.

62 pellets is much better than 3" Hevi-Shot DC T loads "50 pellets" or lead number 4 buck shot 3" "41 or 42 pellets.

The Federal Heavyweight BB pellets will no doubt do the job on coyotes but the Rem HD BB pellets also absolutely smoke coyotes. My first choice between the two would be the Remington 1-1/2 oz BB load with 70 pellets over the Federal Heavyweight Coyote BB load with 62 pellets.

If you ever find any of the Federal Heavyweight 3" or 3-1/2" #2 shot loads at a decent price buy them. The much harder and much heavier 15g/cc Federal Heavyweight #2 pellets smoke coyotes. The 3" Federal 1-1/4 oz Heavyweight #2 shot loads have 78 pellets per shell and they are 1450 fps loads.

Federal Heavyweight and Federal Hi Density are not the same thing! Federal Heavyweight is the good stuff!

There are some great shotgun coyote loads out there that don't say "Coyote" on the box.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RubenatorHey Chupa, shotguns are for hunting birds. Get yourself a .17WSM..lol

I love calling them into shotgun range, wish I could shoot a shotgun better because of it. When something better than the B-mag comes out, I will get one. It needs more support first though.

Chupa

Back