Win some free calls! - Show me some pictures!

Nearly all of these called up with my original CS-24, with a wide variety of sounds. Mostly Lighting Jack, Cottontail Distress, Red Fox Distress, and Coyote Pup Distress #3. All different weapons, but mostly my 1-8 twist 220 Swift shooting 69 SMK or 75 AMAX, or my CZ 527 shooting a 50 Dogtown spitzer. Most of them I called alone as well.

The Swift is a Savage 110 with a Shilen stainless select match 1-8 twist barrel, milled recoil lug, and PTG bolt head. It was in a Choate stock (too heavy) but now is in a lightened-up factory laminate. It used to have a Leupold 6.5x20 target on it, but now has a Bushnell 4200 elite tactical with mil dot reticle. The CZ is pretty much factory except it has an adjustable butt plate so my 7 year old daughter can shoot it. It wears a Vortex Viper 4-12 BDC.

Calling alone I don't carry much stuff, rifle, caller, remote with a couple mouth calls (Carver) on the lanyard, and a pair of sticks. Someti9mes I stick my Leica 1600B in my pocket too. The sticks are the cheap Bass Pro Redhead brand knock-offs of the Bog Pods, and I like them a lot. Sometimes I will use a Harris bipod, but not so often anymore. Camo I use Nat Gear or Mossy Oak Brush nearly exclusively. That or tan Carharts.

220 Swift after re-build, with a Sico Harvester. First one this fall.

One with the CZ-527 in 223.

Big old male with the Swift last spring, pre-rebuild.

Here is an early summer coyote with the Swift again.

Another spring coyote with the 223.

Here is an old female from this weekend. I was spot and stalk deer hunting, and couldn't resist sitting down and making a stand real quick. She was called up using a Carver 220 Swift mouth call, and I shot her with my sons Mike Bryant built Rem 721 in 270 Winchester. She was pretty cagey, and was trying to do the circle downwind in the brush thing on me.

Last edited:

Call used were carver hand calls. Rem 700 in 204 with a YHM suppressor, and a CA-15 in 6.8 SPC with a SilencerCo Haevester suppressor. Predator sniper styx.

Call used were carver hand calls. Rem 700 in 204 with a YHM suppressor. Predator sniper styx.

Call used were carver hand calls. Rem 700 in 204 with a YHM suppressor. Predator sniper styx.

We've got a bunch of calls that aren't passing visual inspection, so you fellas keep sharing pictures and sending me your addresses. Rather kick them out than have them go to waste!

I used the Firestorm e-caller this morning but more often than not I use hand calls (both distress and howlers) which have been purchased off this site.
Rifle: Cooper model 51 classic chambered in 223
Scope: Ziess 5-25X50mm
Ammo: Nosler brass, VVN133 powder,CCI450 primers, and 52 gr. Berger's.
Rangefinder binoculars: Bushnell Fusion 1 mile
Bi-pod Bog Gear Red legged devil
Seat, not in pic. but was ordered off Predator Quest site.
Spot messenger, to let the wife know my locations (just in case).....

My Sons first dog. Savage .17 HMR

[img:left][/img]

One of the younger neighbor kids that I take out with me once in awhile with his first dog. Howa 22-250

1926 German Drilling made in Suhl. 16x16/6.5x58R Sauer with Leupold 1-4x20mm Shotgun Scope. Collapsible shooting sticks(maker has been forgotten), camo painted camp stool, Cabelas bargin cave western zone gillie jacket, Minaska M-1 Bandit with Sandhill cottontail sound and a RR production open read back up call..

Poked him with an ounce of NP BB's out of the shotgun barrel.

I couldn't pick just one picture, so excuse the excess. Here are a couple of my favorites from the past year.
All calls pictured are from my friend Yotehntr.
The Black AR15 is a custom build, Douglas 1:8 twist, IOR 2.5-10x42 scope, and Thunderbeast 223P-1 suppressor.

AR10 is also a custom build from the guys at Predator Custom Shop in Knoxville, TN. Rock Creek Barrel 1:10 twist, Cerecoated, IOR 6.5-25x56 Scope, Thunderbeast 30P-1 Suppressor.

This exactly how she dropped, trying to run with the calves head was the death of her!

Big pretty male, wearing the bling.

OUCH!!!.....HEADSHOTS!!!!
scared.gif

Last edited:
IMG_5402b_zpskdfbuhrq.jpg

223 RRA Predator Pursuit 16"
45gt Barnes TSX
Leupold VX-R 2-7x33 FireDot multi-dot
Sitting with Magpul MS4 sling support
Foxpro Wildfire 2 w/FoxJack decoy
No camo, just jeans n a Tshirt

Here's a couple from this year. From central mn. I use a variety of calls on my foxpro fury2, but pup distress usually brings them in! I mix in hand calls too but my son (almost 2yrs old) has taken quite a liking to any animal call and has taken the couple I have over! Rifle is a palmetto lower/new frontier 6x45 upper slinging 65gr vmax bullets.

Back