WILL GAS BLOCK RUBBING HANDGUARD AFFECT ACCUARCY!!!!

east tn_yote

Hey gang..quick question..I have a JP adjunstable block and a aero slim handguard..and while installing the handguard it rubs by gas block pretty hard and cant get nothin consistent to shoot out of it. Scope is a new VX3..and Everything is new and I'm thinkin that's the culprit. I've never had this kinda accuracy problems but also never had a block rub that hard sooo that's the only thing that has changed. Any info would be appreciated!!

It sure can. Barrel whip is a fact. Nothing you can do about that. So anything that effects the whip, and makes it inconsistent is going to effect your precision. Your accuracy might be satisfactory but your precision will suffer for sure.

I have a JP adjustable gas block also, under an MI Gen 2 rail.

I took a dremmel and a flat bastard file to it because it was rubbing. When finished, i could adjust my gas screw, and re tighten all the mountings screws without removing the hand-guard.

Lots of material removed. I love it though!!!!

Yes sir, it will. I built a rifle with a thicker gas block and a slim profile handguard. Long - short - my groups were all over the place. The gas block was making contact with the handguard.

I bought a lo-profile gas block, changed it, and it fixed the issue in a SNAP!

.05 "should" work. The more the better.

Roughly the thickness of a credit card.

My gas tubes ride on the barrel nut with no ill affects that i know of.

Put a silencer on it and it will be worse too. I had to take a bunch of material off the bottom of my block. I won’t buy slim hand guards again

Originally Posted By: HumpnessPut a silencer on it and it will be worse too. I had to take a bunch of material off the bottom of my block. I won’t buy slim hand guards again Or, use a slim gas block with a slim handguard. There's no cost difference when building your own.

Midwest Ind. makes handguards just for gas blocks and cans.

9ogv4Hw.jpg

I bought one the Matrix slim handguards from JBO. Tried a JBO low profile gas block and an Odin low profile gas block. Both rubbed. Had to take my dremel tool on the flex shaft to reach inside the hand guard to hog out some meat. Did a bit of trimming on the gas block too. Works now, but not sure I really saved any money after having to waste so much time making things clear.

Back